Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation
. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere
company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or in our Pleasanton office - it’s up to you.
As a Principal Software Engineer- Front End you will help innovate and streamline how Veeva builds and deploy applications that are being used by tens of thousands of people every day. You will have equal influence to drive the technical direction, be an advisor to development teams and mentor freshly minted Front-End Software Engineers in their new career. Your mission will be to innovate our cloud software that is used by customers to speed up the innovation and delivery of critical treatments and medicines to patients around the globe. It simply doesn’t get any more important than this.
What You'll Do
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications
- Own all aspects of feature implementation from design to delivery
- Design, build and enhance existing components in our internal component library
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to your peers
- Establish and advocate best practices and coding standards
- Regularly lead code reviews to ensure code quality
- 12+ years of software development experience at a Saas company
- 5+ years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross-browser compatibility, and accessibility
- Proficiency with CSS abstraction layers (e.g. SASS or JSS)
- Experience identifying and resolving performance and scalability issues
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice
- Fitness and Wellness Reimbursement
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.