Zynga is looking for a senior individual contributor whose level of experience should be equivalent to a Principal Software Engineer. We have a well-rounded and tight-knit, distributed team with a healthy mix of engineering skill levels, and are looking to strengthen our team. We need a self-driven and motivated engineer who is a strong communicator, works well as a team player, and performs well under pressure of tight deadlines. The candidate would have an opportunity to work on user-facing features (including UI / UX), core gameplay functionality, various systems, and generally solve challenging problems for high profile mobile games.
- Feature and Gameplay Client-side Engineer
- Individual Contributor, working under a Technical Lead
- Define, architect, & develop features and gameplay functionality in Unity and C#
- Develop & integrate new technologies and tools (working with content teams)
- Dive into the internals of core systems to extend them as-needed
- Iterate on new or existing functionality and UI / UX
- Proactively optimize code & memory for high performance simulations with tight constraints
- Scope out large tasks and system with minimal direction, and help with delegation of that work
- Work closely with other specialists to lead multi-week or month-long efforts
- Give team and/or divisional tech talks on architectures that you’ve built
- Work to identify and help to improve team and process inefficiencies
- Help to mentor other engineers
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent education / work experience
- 6+ Years game industry / mobile app experience as a software developer
- Shipped titles and/or live games experience
- Expert knowledge in C#, C/C++, or a similar programming language
- 3+ Years Unity experience
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software methodologies
- Excellent communication skills and comfort working in a collaborative environment
- Experience with git
- Experience with performance profiling and optimization
- Mobile development with a focus on iOS & Android
What we offer you
- Zynga RSUs, 401k match and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision insurance benefits as well as life insurance
- Lunch catered daily - stocked snack areas
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Emergency child care support
- Active Employee Groups - Women at Zynga, ZPride, ZParents and more
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Open vacation policy for most employees, generous vacation for other
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Gym Benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.