This is a top software engineer job that incorporates everything you’ve worked so hard for. And with the mission of creating cloud software that helps speed up the innovation and delivery of critical treatments and medicines to patients around the globe, it simply doesn’t get any more important than this.
Your impact as a seasoned technical problem-solver will mean you will be focused on building software that can not only scale for heavy use, but that can also evolve with new features and capabilities. And because this senior role is independent, you will have equal influence to drive the direction of the build, be an advisor to product leadership and mentor freshly minted software engineers in their new career.
Veeva is the leader in cloud-based software for the global Life Sciences industry. Our platform and applications allow customers to operate more efficiently and safely in order to bring life-saving diagnostics, treatments, and medicines to market faster than any time in history. This industry along with our vertical-specific software is in a period of unprecedented growth over the next five years, and we’re looking for mission-driven software development problem-solvers, thinkers, and doers to keep up with growth.
Veeva is a ‘Work Anywhere
’ company, so you can connect with teams in our Pleasanton office while also having the flexibility to work from home. And as a Public Benefit Corporation
, you will work for a company with purpose and focused on making a positive impact on society.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with Product Management and Development team members on technical design and problem solving to come up with compelling solutions to problems.
- Own all aspects of implementation for features from design to development, deployment to production, and support and maintenance.
- Quickly break down complex problems into potential solutions, accounting for knowns and unknowns, in order to get to solid resolutions faster.
- Passion to mentor and guide engineers at all levels
- Define, evangelize and mentor on best practices and coding standards.
- Extensive experience reviewing code engineers of all levels.
- 12+ years of software development experience
- Extensive experience developing enterprise SaaS cloud applications
- Proven track record of building high volume products at scale
- Hands-on development experience with current open source tools and technologies (Java, Spring, MySQL, Hibernate, Maven, Git, Jenkins, AspectJ, Messaging, Solr, and Lucene)
- Drive and flexibility to roll up your sleeves and work hard (and have fun) in a fast-moving startup environment
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.