As an Engineering Technical Program Manager, you are in a leadership position within the Engineering organization – to partner with Engineering and cross-functional organizations such as Product, Security and Customer First, to build and manage Engineering processes, operational programs and planning and tracking tools. You will be the point person for developing and rolling out new internal Engineering processes, maintaining and improving existing processes, and taking our internal planning and tracking toolkit to the next level. Additionally, this role will provide leadership for a multitude of operational programs which keep key internal processes executing smoothly.
You are able to develop and drive high-level initiatives, but can also dig in and get the job done employing both strategic and tactical approaches to solving problems. The qualified candidate will have not only strong Engineering TPM experience, but also a strong background in process development and internal change management. The role requires an individual who is driven, self-motivated and has demonstrated commitment in taking accountability and responsibility for the success of broad and complex initiatives.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Minimum 12 years of technical project or program management experience in a software, SaaS or systems development environment – including internal process development and change management
* Minimum 6 years hands-on Scrum Lead experience in a software, SaaS or systems development environment
* Minimum 2 years of either people management experience, or leading a team of peers; open to potential for people management in the future
* Expert level process development and change management skills; proven ability to create and roll-out processes and have them successfully adopted
* Understands when processes can and should be flexible; advocates for just the “right amount” of process
* Superior verbal and written communication; experience effectively communicating and presenting to teams located across different locations and people ranging from individual team members to C-level executives
* Strong leadership skills; able to independently influence and resolve conflicts
* High level of flexibility and patience to conduct extensive socialization, review and iteration on internal changes
*Self-starter; able to drive progress in an ambiguous and fast paced environment
* Strong technical aptitude/affinity; experience working directly with software, test and/or system engineers
*Experience working in a startup environment desired
Education and Training:
* Bachelor’s degree
* Training in Agile and Scrum
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This job has been filled or removed by Okta.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Principal Technical Program Manager (Engineering Processes) (San Francisco, CA) (Remote Eligible) job post.✕