WHO WE ARE:
RealScout is a Mountain View startup leading a groundswell of change in the real estate industry. Our mission is to help agents sell more homes more quickly, and we do this by simplifying and beautifying the complex tasks of discovery, exploration and feedback. Add in a heavy dose of multi-user collaboration, photo-centric UI and mobile first use cases, and the design challenges are abundant and pivotal to success. Our users and customers already rave about our design, and we are committed to keep pushing the envelope.
WHO WE NEED:
RealScout is looking for a Principal User Experience Designer (or Director of UED) to lead our product efforts and help our ideas come to life. We expect this amazing person to...
- Translate complex problems and processes into clean, intuitive user flows and interfaces.
- Be an advocate for end users and our businesses in the overall product design process.
- Deliver product design artifacts that span all phases from wireframe to production.
- Quickly visualize and prototype ideas to communicate concepts and options.
- Drive user experience research to inform product direction, and conduct usability studies and experiments to inform product design decisions.
- Work closely and effectively with stakeholders including sales, marketing, member success and especially product development.
- Put RealScout on the map in both the Real Estate industry and the product design community.
WHO YOU ARE:
In addition to being amazing, you don’t have to be shy about it. We welcome you to use RealScout as your soapbox for championing design principles and showing off your design chops.
- You have formal training in a design-related discipline (HCI, human factors, IxD, cognitive psychology…) and have expertise in developing information architecture, interaction models, customer flows, and visual design for products and services.
- You have 8+ years of experience in a UED/UER role and a proven track record of designing and shipping successful products across multiple device types and contexts (desktop, mobile, tablet...).
- You build empathy for problems and end users through feedback and research, and have experience conducting user research (qualitative and quantitative).
- You are comfortable with an iterative product development process that favors learning and velocity over perfection and issue mitigations.
- You understand how design and product impacts the business, and can effectively sell design recommendations by tying them to business outcomes.
- You are, or strive to be, a well known leader and contributor to the product design community.