Tally makes people less stressed and better off financially. Currently at Series C with $92MM in funding, we are a team that is democratizing financial services to put billions of dollars back in people’s pockets. Tally built the first fully automated debt manager to help people overcome credit card debt and provides a completely free automated savings service, Tally Save. Tally’s vision is to automate people’s entire financial lives so they can worry about money less and do what they love more.
At Tally, our product team prides itself in being obsessed with our customers’ problems. We approach each product initiative by first deeply understanding customer pain points and then rapidly prototyping and iterating to bring innovative and delightful products to life.
As part of the product team, you’ll be directly responsible for articulating an inspiring vision and the end-to-end success of new products and features that help people be less stressed and better off financially. You’ll be working alongside Tally’s co-founders and will have a direct impact on advancing the company closer to our vision of full-service financial automation.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to build innovative and delightful financial products.
- Interview customers, develop a strong understanding of their pain points, and identify the most important problems for the team to focus on.
- Develop and articulate a compelling vision and set strategic direction.
- Create clear and concise documents that outline features, user stories, wireframes.
- Define success metrics, analyze the impact of product features and A/B tests, and proactively communicate to key stakeholders.
- Participate in team scrums and sprint planning, define and prioritize features and tasks, and groom the backlog.
In this role we value:
- Passion for Tally’s mission and building products that meaningfully improve the financial lives of our customers and reduce their stress.
- Strong track record of taking consumer-facing products from concept to launch (3-5 years of PM experience).Experience with developing a vision and roadmap for a product area.
- Ability to think structure and break down big, ambiguous problems into smaller, solvable challenges.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to determine the right level of information that needs to be shared at every level — within core team, to stakeholders, to the entire company, to our customers.
- Natural ability to inspire and lead a team of engineers and designers and influence stakeholders without authority.
- Grittiness and resourcefulness. Willingness to roll up your sleeves and tackle things head-on.
- Familiarity with SQL and experience with tools for doing data analysis.
Big plus if:
- You have past experiences with managing and operating a revenue-generating product (P&L).
- You have the ability to understand and monitor key business drivers, diagnose root causes for overperformance or underperformance, and take appropriate action.
- You have worked at and helped scale a FinTech company.
A message from our leadership:
"One of our core values at Tally is 'Change shoes often.' We do this with our peers and our customers every day, and we want candidates to share in our commitment to empathy. Empathy really is the foundation of inclusion, and Tally prides itself in being a company that prioritizes inclusion and diversity. We’re dedicated to creating a workplace culture where people are included and treated equitably."
Jason Brown, Cofounder and CEO