Warby Parker is looking for a Print and Packaging Manager who will oversee all of the print and packaging production for our Brand Design team.
This role is responsible for all aspects of project/production management specific to printed and packaging needs. You will work with our internal Brand Design team, internal business partners, and external vendors to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner—and that the deliverables meet quality and budget expectations. Familiarity with concepts, practices, and procedures specific to design, graphics, and print/packaging production is a must!
What you’ll do:
- Manage and develop the planning, pre-production, and production of all printed items for the company—including building and standardizing processes around the creation, maintenance, and completion of print production tickets
- Source new print and packaging techniques, materials, and processes to provide innovative, on-brand, and cost-effective concepts and solutions on behalf of the brand
- Build new—and nurture existing—vendor relationships based on the evolving needs of the brand, plus manage multiple facets of print vendor relationships such as invoicing, billing, and pricing
- Develop, maintain, and update timelines, job status, and records (in project management system) for all projects from start to finish—including estimates, specifications, artwork routing, proofing, and invoice approvals
- Collaborate with designers, creative directors, and business owners in the development stage of projects, then communicate, resolve, and manage any blockers for printing from conception to delivery
- Work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders—Store Communications, Visual Merchandising, CRM, Merchants, Planners, Graphic Designers, Copy, Art Directors—to make sure that requests are clear, concise, and achievable
- Ensure that archives of print files are standardized, appropriately stored, and audited
- Equipped with a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent!)
- You have a minimum of five years print and packaging production experience working with lifestyle brands
- Possess a thorough understanding of project management, graphics, manufacturing procedures, packaging materials, techniques, and processes
- Expertise producing printed collateral (take-aways, art, OOH, direct mail, specialty invitations) and packaging
- Adept at working with creative teams and cross-functional partners
- Experience working on projects with print and packaging vendors (either on the client or vendor side), plus bring to the team a rolodex of industry-leading vendors to work with
- Ability to estimate production times based upon specifications and quantities needed
- Understanding of InDesign and Photoshop is a bonus!
Who you are:
- A process guru with high standards for operational excellence
- A super fan who knows the Warby Parker brand inside and out—and committed to the spirit and intent of the company’s core values
- A team player with the ability to build consensus and alignment (with internal and external partners)
- Smart and organized
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization while building strong internal relationships across departments.
- A go-getter with a willingness to take a proactive approach and drive projects to completion
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- A creative and strategic problem-solver with a “can-do” attitude, plus has the ability to be adaptable and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- A generally awesome person
About Warby Parker:
Warby Parker is a transformative lifestyle brand with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By engaging directly with consumers, we’re able to offer ultra-high-quality, vintage-inspired frames for $95 including prescription lenses and shipping. We focus on the bigger picture, too: social innovation is woven into the DNA of our company, and for every pair of glasses purchased, a pair is distributed to someone in need.
Because all work and no play makes a dull office, we fill our days with snacks, surprises, pneumatic tubes, and, when appropriate, costumes. As a team member at Warby Parker, you can also look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and brain-stimulating activities.
In 2015, Fast Company named us the #1 Most Innovative Company. We’re also a certified B Corporation, which means that we are held to the highest standards of social and environmental performance.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Parental leave policy
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
- Free eyewear (discounts for friends and family!)
- Health & wellness stipend
- Quarterly team outings