Our mission is to make biology easier to engineer. Ginkgo is constructing, editing, and redesigning the living world in order to answer the globe’s growing challenges in health, energy, food, materials, and more. Our bioengineers make use of an in-house automated foundry for designing and building new organisms. Today, our foundry is developing over 40 different organisms to make different products across multiple industries.
To realize our dream of building a next-generation organism company, each of these organisms needs to be deployed to customers. We are seeking a Process Engineer who is excited to tackle the ambitious challenge of transitioning multiple bioprocesses through scale-up and commercial scale manufacturing of cultured ingredients with our customers.
The ideal candidate is passionate about process development with a specific interest in downstream product recovery and purification.
- Assist with design and execution of laboratory and pilot scale experiments, leading to definition of commercially viable processes that leverage Ginkgo's engineered organisms
- Perform bench scale assays and proof-of-concept experiments
- Assist with development of technology transfer documentation
- Oversee pilot scale operations at contract manufacturers
- BS with 2+ years experience in a chemical or process engineering setting
- Enthusiasm for both research/computation and hands-on experimentation
- Attention to detail and efficiency in laboratory and pilot plant operations
- Ability to function in a fast-paced startup environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with tech transfer of materials and processes to customers and/or contract manufacturing facilities a plus
To learn more about Ginkgo, check out some recent press:
We also feel it’s important to point out the obvious here – there’s a serious lack of diversity in our industry and it needs to change. Our goal is to help drive that change. We hope to continue to build a company whose culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with engineers from all walks of life. Making biology easier to engineer is a tough nut to crack – we can’t afford to leave any talent untapped.
It is the policy of Ginkgo Bioworks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants.