The Process Engineer will be responsible for process design and operation and optimization of the high throughput DNA sequencing facility at Helix. The successful candidate will be able to monitor the health of the lab workflow, and will drive continuous improvement in what will be one of the largest genomics facilities in the world.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform analyses of current processes, identify gaps and deficiencies. Construct and execute controlled experiments (including DOEs) to optimize processes to ensure output of high-quality genomic data in a high-throughput genomics facility. Lead implementation of solutions in a production environment.
- Develop analytics for fleet management.
- Work cross-functionally with R&D and Finance to identity, test and develop areas of improvement.
- Create and publish automated reports of key production metrics.
- Create analysis tools to speed investigations and facilitate continuous improvement.
- Work in cross-functional teams to troubleshoot issues related to yield, quality and throughput. Use systematic problem-solving methods to address issues. Use project management tools to meet team goals.
Education and Experience:
- BS/MS degree in Biochemical Engineering, Bioengineering, or Biological Sciences and 3 - 5 years of relevant professional experience or a Master’s degree with at least 2 years of experience or a Ph.D. with 0-2 years of experience is required.
- Strong data analysis and reporting skills are required.
- Experience in NGS environments is preferred.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Experience leading problem-solving teams preferred.
- Intermediate level programming knowledge is desirable.
- Experience with statistical process control and DOE techniques is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact effectively across groups within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment with rapidly shifting priorities.