Double Good’s mission is to create joy. We create joy with our delectable and award-winning popcorn. We create joy with our easy-to-use fundraising platform that raises a meaningful amount of money for youth sports and activities, empowering kids to pursue their dreams. We create joy through our Kids Foundation which hosts Double Good Days events across the country to bring all-ability fun to children with special needs and their families.
As featured on the Today Show, Double Good is not just about the product; we have a strong social mission.
In recent years, Double Good has seen 40% year over year growth, and we’re excited about our future! We’re excited about the possibility of you joining our mission.
As a Procurement Manager: Parcel, you will lead a team of stakeholders to develop and implement a strategic plan for our parcel category, ensuring business risk mitigation and ongoing cost optimization.. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including finance, operations, customer service, IT, product, as well as the Executive Leadership Team. Ideal candidates possess direct experience in the parcel industry, with a proven track record in parcel negotiations on the shipper, carrier, or advisory side.
Location: Hybrid - This role will require on site time but can be flexible and remote at times.
About the role:
- Parcel Category Strategy Development: Develop and implement a comprehensive parcel category strategy that aligns with the company's overall business objectives and growth targets. Update the category strategy as major industry development occurs.
- Market Research: Stay up-to-date with parcel industry and competitive landscape, identifying potential risks and opportunities to the business and spearheading initiatives to mitigate risks and take advantage of opportunities.
- Vendor Management: Manage relationships with parcel carriers and third party consultants. Negotiate contracts for optimal pricing, service levels, and performance. Address service issues with third parties and coordinate discussions with technology, operations, and customer service teams. Lead QBRs with carriers and consultancies.
- Cost Optimization: Continuously assess parcel category costs, identify cost-saving opportunities, and implement strategies to reduce expenses while maintaining service quality.
- Reporting Performance Analysis: Owns the category update meeting to provide business stakeholders with regular reviews of category performance. Analyze key performance metrics for the parcel category, track performance against KPIs, and develop action plans to address any deviations from targets.
- Category Forecasting: Forecast parcel spend including third party consulting spend.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Establish strong relationships with key stakeholders and serve as a trusted advisor.
Experience & Skills we value:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Experience working with parcel carrier partners (UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc) to support outbound parcel shipping
- Experience delivering presentations to executive leadership team
- Strong negotiation and vendor management skills.
- Analytical mindset with proficiency in data analysis and reporting tools.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Knowledge of parcel industry trends and regulations.
About Double Good:
We’re on a mission to create more joy in people’s lives, and that includes our internal employees. We create a place people love to be a part of, where people can discover and practice their unique skill sets, a place where they can contribute and do their best work. We do this by offering our employees:
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account / Health Savings Account
- 401k with 4% Company Match
- Generous PTO
- 11 Holidays in the year
- Paid Parental Leave
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to all employees 24/7
- Company sponsored disability and life insurance
- Monthly Popcorn Allowance (yup, free popcorn)
- Volunteer opportunities with charity partners and the Double Good Kids Foundation
- Company events (Happy Hours, Ice Cream Trucks, Summer Shindig, Holiday Party)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We want our employees to reflect the diverse communities we serve. We embrace the uniqueness in everyone, and we encourage each person to be their true selves. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued here. We do not stand for discrimination or harassment of any kind. Come as you are.