Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re mostly remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to multiple different markets and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
About the role
As Procurement Manager, Technology, you’ll lead procurement for Zip’s Technology function, owning the purchase and contract renewal processes for our $15m annual spend on software-as-a-service (SaaS) platforms and business IT.
Your role will play a critical role in the design and implementation of procurement processes for a 600-person ANZ business that relies on a large number of technology tools and platforms to design, engineer and market credit and payments products used by over a million Australian customers.
We’ll need you to reduce cost and complexity, improve service from our partners and suppliers, and make leaders’ lives easier across Zip through the development and ongoing improvement of our procurement and sourcing processes, leveraging our cutting-edge SaaS management platform Torii.
You’ll use your communication and engagement skills to partner with senior stakeholders across Zip to understand, consolidate and rationalise the number of SaaS tools we utilise. You’ll also flex your negotiation skills to drive down licence costs alongside our SaaS buying partner, Vendr.
We don’t need you to bring specific knowledge of information technology or software-as-a-service, but in addition to being a procurement and sourcing specialist, you’ll need to be a great problem-solver, a keen learner, and happy to challenge the status quo - with the drive to help Zip create world-class procurement processes.
To help us level up, you’ll need to bring:
- Proven skills and experience in procurement and sourcing
- Good knowledge of procurement processes and best-practices
- Passion for technology and a desire to become a SaaS expert in time
- Great stakeholder skills, both internally and externally
- Proven ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
- Strong problem-solving skills, a quick learner with a growth mindset
- Desire to create and continuously improve processes
- Solid financial management skills
- Our values in your DNA: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together and Change the Game
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2023 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.