General Description of the Programme
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2012, responding to the acute needs of conflict affected communities. GOAL is working in northern Syria delivering food, non-food, WASH, livelihoods and emergency programming with a strong focus on market based approaches. GOAL met the needs of more than 700,000 conflict affected Syrians in 2014 and has an estimated 2015 budget of more than $100 million.
In 2014 GOAL first began working in Turkey, responding to the needs of refugees displaced from Kobane. Subsequently, GOAL has worked to create a developing multi-donor programme with a particular focus on health care programming, but also incorporating livelihoods and emergency support components.
General Description of the Role:
To support the effective operation of the GOAL Syria Logistics Department by conducting timely and efficient procurement for GOAL Syria programme activities, in accordance with GOAL Logistics policies and procedures and relevant donor requirements and in the spirit of obtaining best Value for Money (VFM).
- Ensure that all procurement procedures in Antakya office are effectively followed in compliance with the GOAL Logistics Manual and relevant donor requirements;
- Prepare electronic and hardcopy procurement files for each OQRF (Order / Quotation Request Form) and ensure that all relevant paperwork is filed, original and scanned copies, as per GOAL Logistics Manual and internal audit requirements;
- Process the assigned OQRF’s according to the GOAL Logistics Manual/Procurement Chart procedures;
- Analyse the specification of the supplies, works or services required and source potential, reliable suppliers who can meet this specifications;
- Prepare Enquiry Forms(EF)/Request for Offers(RFO) to obtain quotations/bids as per required process (single/negotiated/sealed/tender);
- Coordinate with Logistics teams, to ensure that all new suppliers have Anti-Terrorist Checks (ATC) completed, according to the procurement process
- Complete Bid Analyses (BA) for review, and obtain the necessary signatures for approval from budget-holders and finance department;
- Raise Purchase Orders to place the order with the chosen supplier and follow up the status of the goods, to delivery to the required location, as per the OQRF;
- Ensure that all chosen suppliers are registered on the GOAL Syria Vendor Roster, and update where necessary;
- Ensure that Goods In Dockets(GID) are prepared for all deliveries and attached to the procurement file;
- Collect and check all payment document (GIDs, CMRs, Packing List, Cert. Origin, Invoice, etc.)
- Raise PRF, prepare reconciliation list and checklist.
- Send expected payment list to finance
- In case any problem with payments to supplier get in contact with finance and try to solve the problem.
- Complete all financial paperwork, obtain the necessary signatures for approval and ensure payment to the supplier is affected;
- Maintain the Online Order Tracking System (OTS) for all OQRFs assigned
- Regularly conduct critical analysis of all assigned GOAL suppliers based on criteria of reliability, quality and prices of goods offered, terms & conditions, after sales services offered, and warranty guaranteed.
- Assist prepare Goods In Dockets (GID), when needed, for all goods received into Antakya office inventory, ensuring policies of separation of duties are adhered to; and
- Assist in the preparation of Delivery Dockets (DD), gift certificates, transport documents, and arrangements for transportation of supplies to GOAL Syria Offices when needed.
- Contribute procurement updates to the Weekly Logistics Report;
- Assist with translations for Logistics Department when required; and
- General work in assisting in the overall process and day-to-day duties of the Logistics Department.
- Tertiary diploma in relevant area (procurement, logistics, or administration) and/or equivalent year’s practical work experience in a relevant field.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in areas such as procurement, logistics, office/business administration in private or government sectors;
- Ability to understand and implement organisational and donor policies;
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft packages, including Excel, Word, and Outlook (particular emphasis on Excel);
- Ability to manage and prioritise a varied workload in a in a dynamic work environment;
- A flexible approach to work and willingness to take on extra duties, work additional hours or on weekends as required;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Trustworthy and honest; and
- Ability to write, speak and work in English.
- Previous work experience with an International Humanitarian NGO;
- Basic technical knowledge in an area of Humanitarian Logistics; (e.g. ICT, mechanics, construction, transport, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), or other); and
- Arabic language skills.
please note that applicants will be reviewed and considered upon receipt.