Group: Technology | Function: Product
We’re looking for a Product Analyst to join our Product team and focus on supporting our Product development teams to deliver effectively through the use of data and insights. You will work closely with Product Managers, Product Designers, Service, Research, and Engineering teams and will play a key part in the product development lifecycle, from requirements gathering and validation through to quality assurance and delivery.
You will be a key part of our Product team, a highly respected, mature, and effective group in the organisation responsible for driving key strategies and products upon which the company is built. You’ll directly help our Product Managers make quicker and more informed decisions as well as help us measure and hit our Company Goals for 2019 and beyond.
You’ll report into a VP of Product, with 20+ years of experience in digital development, including areas of product management, engineering, analytics, and operations, having worked for multiple global top-tier companies.
Your mission will be to focus on supporting Product development teams in delivering effectively through the use of data and insights.
To achieve this you will:
- Support Product Managers in data analytics - exploratory, ad hoc, and production data often needs to be accessed and analysed in real time to make product direction decisions
- Establish and own Product-focused reports and dashboards for more regular, standard, repeatable queries, by aggregating various data sources and producing effective representations
- Own the performance reporting of the team Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), ensuring they are properly measured, communicated, and tracked over time
- Assist in configuration and evaluation of A/B tests, including statistical analysis
- Help plan the data and analytics strategy for various Product domains
- Ensure data is reliable, trustworthy and being properly captured and consolidated from the product
- Work with the Business Intelligence team to make sure Product data solutions fit the overall data strategy and architecture
- Participate in the strategic and planning discussions of the Product Team as we develop the business, support strategic expansion, and meet the needs of our users and customers
At Onfido, we’re opening up online access on a global scale. Whether it’s sharing a car or opening a bank account, many of our everyday services are moving online. That means millions of everyday interactions now happen digitally – without people ever meeting face-to-face. Our mission is to help more people access those services by building trust between businesses and their users - a more open world, where identity is the key to access.
Today, we work with global customers to help them verify users, investors, drivers and guests across 195 countries and we're backed by Salesforce and Microsoft.
We’ve pioneered AI-based deep learning technology to verify whether a user’s government-issued ID is genuine or fraudulent, and then compare it against their facial biometrics to reduce fraud and increase completion and speed...and we’re just getting started! Our goal is to apply cutting-edge research to build powerful, simple products that drive trust, inclusion and safety online.
You can learn more about our product engineering team and the work we do on our Onfido Tech blog.
What we're hoping to see highlighted on your CV and application:
- Very strong experience in SQL and solving analytical problems using SQL
- Extensive experience in visualising, presenting, and communicating data (reporting tools, query builders, other BI tools such as Looker, etc.)
- Significant experience in multi-stakeholder companies, where an ability to prioritise, explain, manage expectations, and project plan is required
- Good operational statistical knowledge (to explain AB test results, evaluate significance, etc.)
- Experience in a SaaS environment and appreciation of CRM data and metrics
- Experience in applying statistical models to data using Python/R etc.
Values and behaviours
- Create Customer Buzz - You have the customer, and potential customer, at heart by understanding their needs. You’ll go beyond what they say they want and need by understanding where the market may be headed so that we’ll know what they need before they do.
- Succeed Together - You communicate persuasively at all organisational levels and are able to establish consensus and secure agreement. You’re a caring and supportive colleague that contributes meaningfully to team objectives and, via your interactions, helps each member and the team as a whole to perform at their best
- Take Pride - You take on responsibility for short-term project planning and delivery of outstanding results. You willingly volunteer for opportunities to represent Onfido, e.g. by attending peer networking events or by assisting with company-wide events or initiatives that are not core to own role
- Learn Things, Share Them - You promote teamwork through collaborative working and by guiding, coaching and working 1:1 to mentor and give impactful feedback to colleagues. You actively pursue your own professional development by reading articles, attending conferences and meetups and networking informally with senior personnel on matters relating to your own specialism
- Find a Better Way - You proactively troubleshoot and identify risks. You tackle problems of a relatively diverse nature and select appropriate tools to analyse situations and reach useful conclusions
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
- Share options
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary)
- Personalised Financial Advice with St. James’ Place Wealth Management
- Bupa Health Cash Plan (Level 2)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Tax-Free Childcare Scheme
- Payroll Giving
- Volunteer days - 2 days paid time off per year, in addition to holiday allowance, to volunteer
- Subsidised gym membership or home cleaning (50% up to £50 per month)
- Onsite massages
- Free yoga classes, 5-a-side football bookings
- An unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- Free languages classes (currently Spanish, French and English)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Clubs: Coding, Running, Theatre, Games, Poker, Movies and many more!
- Quarterly socials (e.g. cookery classes, go-karting and private cinema trips)
- An open and transparent culture
The interview process will involve:
- Simple profile matching from us - assessing your application against the role
- A two-way conversation where we both can find out a bit more about each other
- Do at home task where you give a bit of an insight into how you approach problem-solving
- On-site two-way technical and cultural conversations with the team
This process should take around two to three weeks, depending on diaries.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at Onfido. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.