At Blinkist, we don’t just accept our differences — we celebrate and support them. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
We inspire people to keep learning.
Blinkist offers the best selection of nonfiction knowledge, all in an app that makes it easy to fit learning into your life. Through audio and text explainers called Blinks, original podcasts and author-driven content, Blinkist is on a mission to help people turn ordinary moments into extraordinary learning opportunities—anytime, anywhere.
Blinkist was created in 2012 right in the heart of Berlin. We’ve been selected as one of the Top 25 Startups in Germany by LinkedIn, and are amongst Berlin’s top 3 employers based on Glassdoor and Kununu ratings.
Team: Business Intelligence
Location: Berlin or Remotely from Germany, UK, Spain, or Finland
Contract: Unlimited at 40h per week
Working hours: Flexible working hours with a great policy for working from home
Apply by: Nov 01, 2020
Our data landscape is built on AWS. We leverage their storage, ingestion, monitoring and machine learning services.
Storage (Data Lakehouse): AWS S3, Redshift Spectrum, Redshift
Transformation: Matillion ELT
Analysis, Visualization & Storytelling: Amplitude, Periscope Data (Sisense), Jupyter Notebooks, Streamlit
At Blinkist, our product roadmap runs on data. As domain lead for product analytics, you’ll not only actively take part in developing features that our users will love but also influence the data culture in the organization by leveraging self-service analytics. In our cross-functional environment, this role allows for innovative approaches to problem solving in close collaboration with product teams. You’ll have the chance to mentor as well as learn from others and make a real impact in the organization.
– You are the domain lead in the BI team when it comes to product analytics. You actively contribute to our product roadmap, enable self-service BI and enrich our data culture and strategy.
– You are part of our cross-functional missions and collaborate closely with stakeholders from product management, data engineering, data science, content, design, user research, and engineering to ultimately create exceptional user experiences.
– You are a strategic partner to product management in defining the product north star metric, proxy metrics, and the key engagement funnels. You make sure the organization has a clear understanding of what retention and engagement mean for Blinkist and how we can improve them.
– We want to continually strengthen and expand the role of data in our product development and you contribute to this vision by introducing best case practices from the industry at Blinkist.
To be successful in this role, we believe becoming a domain lead in product analytics should be the logical next step in your career. Thus, you have a solid track record at a senior level in fast-paced, data-centric companies, preferably with a mobile presence. This would usually require 4+ years of experience in product analytics. You should demonstrate…
– Ability to manipulate large data sets: Fluency in SQL and good knowledge of Python.
– Avid user of product analytics tools like Amplitude and an advocate of self-service analytics and reducing time to insight.
– Passionate about topics like digital learning, habit building, the audio space and is up to date with the best practices from the industry.
– Solid understanding of the north star metric framework and of how to define metrics that move the business forward.
– Strong influence along with a collaborative mindset allowing you to deliver insights and solutions that move the organization forward and empower the product decisions.
– [BONUS] Experience working with the AWS ecosystem, in particular, Redshift.
Beyond that, we want to hear from you: Why is this role a great fit for you?
What’s in it for you
At Blinkist, we’ve flipped the script and moved beyond rigid classic management hierarchies. Instead, our Blinkist Operating System
fosters a unique company culture valuing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication, transparency, and mutual support.
We offer a permanent role based in Berlin-Neukölln. Our perks don't try to keep you at the office and you can decide on your hours or work remotely whenever you like. We support each other and carve out opportunities for you to grow in your skillset and career. At Blinkist, leadership is a sparring partner, not a micromanager. To find out more about life at Blinkist, visit our careers site
This role is based in our Berlin office or remotely from Germany, the UK, Spain, or Finland with regular travel to Berlin. Please send your application by Nov 01st, 2020. We can't wait to hear from you!