As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
The Product Compliance Analyst will be responsible for managing the execution and evaluation of product compliance and certifications for Datto’s hardware and software products. The Product Compliance Analyst will also be responsible for supporting the regulatory compliance of Datto’s supply chain.
Applicable regulatory requirements will include requirements such as EMI/EMC/RF/DFS, the EAR and the Modern Slavery Act. The ideal candidate will help support the hardware and software development, quality assurance, regulatory compliance, technical documentation and operations teams through the development and product assembly process.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Design and enact standard procedures for new product testing and certification.
- Liaise with non-technical staff communicating technical information and providing regulatory guidance.
- Maintain relationships with product teams for future product readiness collaboration.
- Interpret regulatory specifications to satisfy product feature requirements
- Review and translation of new product EMC & RF requirements and procedures into EMC & RF test documents and design concepts.
- Review/audit of peer engineer test reports and data.
- Ensure project schedule is on track and within projected deadlines.
- Coordinate all necessary worldwide electro-technical documentation, testing, declarations and certifications with third party test labs and organizations such as UL and Nemko.
- Establish a cadence with the product, documentation, and marketing teams to verify accuracy and completeness of technical information.
- Assist with filing requirements, such as those related to the EAR for products incorporating encryption functionality
- Assist with supply chain diligence requirements, such as those relating to the Modern Slavery Act or National Defense Authorization Act 2019.
- 5 Years of experience with product certification testing.
- Radio Compliance test and mitigation expertise.
- Ability to verify and check engineering drawings and layouts against relevant standards.
- Understanding of international EMC & RF regulatory compliance requirements for various wireless technologies.
- Experience with Cellular Regulatory Bodies and Carrier Certifications (e.g. PTCRB, GCF, Verizon ODI, AT&T, Vodafone, etc).
- Cross-functional and collaborative team skills.
- Experience collaborating and working with various groups across diverse geographies sharing regulatory responsibilities (e.g. OEM, ODM, CM).
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple complex projects.
- Strong problem solving techniques.
- Ability to work with ambiguities.
- Strong organization and documentation abilities.
- Experience with I.T. Equipment/Electrical Safety Standards. (e.g., UL 62368-1, UL 60950-1, UL 60065, UL 60601, etc.) Wireless certification programs (e.g. FCC TCB program)
- Experience with IECEE CB Scheme (preferred)
- Education and/or experience in electrical and RF/EMC testing (preferred)
- EMC/EMI Certification
- Spectrum Management Certification
- Product Safety Design Certification
- Wireless Certification Professional
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.