Under Armour Connected Fitness is the world’s largest health and fitness community with more than 165MM people using our apps, services and devices.
MyFitnessPal is the the most popular app for tracking what you eat to live a healthier life. At MyFitnessPal, our core value is that we succeed when our users succeed.
We believe in the power of design to empower people to make living healthy the new normal.
If you have the empathy, insight and the ability to tackle complex design challenges that help people live a better life, we'd love to talk with you.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Design Manager to join the MyFitnessPal product team in San Francisco.
In this role, you will…
- Lead and develop a team of designers in SF including setting clear goals, and allocating and managing designers across multiple, simultaneous projects
- Work closely with product management, engineering, user research and marketing to build the features that take our current user growth and engagement to the next level
- Translate complex ideas into elegant, intuitive designs that consider interaction and not just look and feel
- Guide and mentor the team to develop best practices for consistent design patterns across platforms and ensure the highest bar of quality
- Develop and work with Under Armour Connected Fitness’ design systems and standards
- Lead the creative direction for product and marketing design for the MyFitnessPal product
- Be able to switch between high level product strategy and the granular tactics necessary for execution
- Roll up your sleeves and contribute as a designer when necessary
- Have passion for designing products that catalyze behavior change, specifically in the space of nutrition, health and fitness
When we look at your portfolio and resume, we want to see…
- 7+ years professional experience designing products that people love to use with at least 2 years in management roles
- Global brand experience translating product/design language across multiple stakeholder teams, timezone and locales
- Beautiful interface designs that will make us stand up and applaud
- An excellent sense of typography and layout
Evidence of strong mentoring and communication skills
- An attention to detail, exceptional organizational and analytical skills, and the ability to contribute to product strategy.
- Examples of delivering highly intuitive and functional flows on mobile and web, email social/marketing and clear views on the future of interface design