About the Role:
We’re looking for a Product Design Prototyper to join our growing FN Labs team at FiscalNote. The FN Labs team focuses on user research, prototyping, and testing, and is part of the larger UX & Design team at FiscalNote. FNLabs is building the future, and we are looking for someone to help us build it. If you have experience with UX and product design and are now looking to heavily influence the future of one of DC’s biggest tech startups, this is the job for you. You will help drive valuable experiences for our customers in both web and mobile. You will work closely with UX researchers, product designers, UX developers, and others to help test out feature feature and product ideas. This role reports into the Senior Director of User Experience & Design.
Inquisitive. You are a tinkerer. You are a problem solver and keep the user in mind. You enjoy curating a better user experience through play while being conscious of industry standards and trends.
- Support all phases of building out products and user experience, including user research, information architecture, usability, accessibility, visual design, interaction design, and prototyping
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of standards, industry trends, emerging platforms, and design/UX best practices
- Be the voice of the user, tireless advocate for simplicity and clarity of our products
- Understand and be an advocate for user-centered design processes
- Be capable of designing how a product works, not just how it looks
- Analyze and incorporate quantitative data and qualitative insights into design
- Work cross functionally and with clients to ideate, validate, and execute enhancements and features
- Create a consistent, repeatable set of project artifacts (including comps, prototypes, wireframes, task flows, presentations, etc.), evolving them as our business changes and grows
- Be able to juggle multiple priorities and escalate risk as needed
- Strong self-initiative and motivation to seek new ideas, technology, and leading edge techniques
- Experience in working in digital product design, user experience, information architecture, interaction design, and/or visual design
- A tinkerer's mindset, with the ability to help create the new with whatever tools you can find
- Experience with creating a variety of prototypes from low-fidelity to high-fidelity and everything in between
- Have the ability to quickly turn ideas and concepts into ready-to-test wireframes or prototypes with minimal guidance
- A portfolio of work that ideally includes content-rich web and native apps. SaaS experience a plus.
- A user-centered, data informed, and agile design mindset. Ability to think big while paying attention to detail.
- Facilitated design sprints, user interviews, and other info-gathering sessions, all with the goal of uncovering user needs and building high-value products for our customers
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of industry leading tools for design and prototyping, such as Sketch, Figma, InVision, Principle, FramerX, Adobe Xd, and others.
- Ability to prototype in code
The FiscalNote CRM platform is the most effective solution for managing government impact and public issues and is quickly becoming the cloud platform of choice for global brands as they analyze and manage their government risk, opportunity, and influence at the local, state, federal, and international levels. More than 200 companies rely on FiscalNote CRM and its services.
About Product at FiscalNote
The Product team at FiscalNote is where the magic happens. The team includes product management, project management, user experience, design, and user research. Product works to understand customer and market needs and to design and deliver world-class solutions that meet those needs. If you want to work in a highly engaged and collaborative environment to solve emerging challenges, Product at FiscalNote is for you.
FiscalNote is the leading Issues Management platform. Our mission is to build the world’s most powerful platform for analyzing government risk and opportunity. For organizations facing government impact, FiscalNote is the platform for professionals to plan and execute their organization’s government risk strategy. Organizations rely on FiscalNote because of its accurate and relevant information, cutting-edge analytics, and ease of use. Our fierce curiosity and insatiable urge for the next challenge pours into our company culture.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so we want you to play hard; our open vacation policy and vacation expense contribution help us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify