Homebound’s mission is to create a better way to build homes leveraging technology, and we’re already delivering on that mission in places that need it the most: communities impacted by devastating wildfires.
With a better labor model, a more efficient building process, and a delightful homeowner experience, Homebound will transform the single-family home market, and rebuild communities along the way.
We are already helping over 150 homeowners in Sonoma and Ventura Counties, and with backing from Thrive Capital, Forerunner, Khosla Ventures, Google Ventures, and Fifth Wall, we are ready to scale to help hundreds more. Join us.
Homebound’s design organization is growing and we’re looking for a product designer to join our team. Product design is the heart and soul of Homebound and one of our true differentiators. Our designers partner tightly with our customer experience, product, engineering, architecture, and construction professionals to explore, design, prototype, test and iterate on solutions to deliver a customer-first construction experience.
The design team has a strong role in our product discovery processes. Design is an equal partner to engineering and product and plays an important role in collectively making critical strategic decisions. This role will be instrumental in capturing our business operations processes and continuing to build/iterate on our internal experience to streamline the home building process. This is an environment where we’re making big bets, innovation is encouraged, and we embrace failure and the persistence to continue to iterate to solve core problems.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with product managers to clearly define opportunities, lay out business processes with opportunities, and create easy-to-understand product experiences.
- Execute against multiple design projects across related to our internal tool experience as well as our greater design system.
- Conduct customer research with Homebound team members including construction project managers, construction leaders, and area managers.
- Synthesize research into actionable insights and product implications; make data informed design decisions.
- Prepare and present design work with clearly defined goals to multiple stakeholders.
- Contribute iterations and new components to our growing design system.
What You Have:
- 3+ years of experience designing, building, and growing high-quality products
- Synthesized heavy operational processes into elegantly designed products
- Demonstrated ability to drive product design projects forward from beginning to end
- Thrived in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity and changing needs
Who You Are:
- Eager to document operational processes with divergent ideas for correlated user experiences
- Excited to scale design through a beautiful and functional component library
- Low ego and an eagerness to give and receive constructive feedback in a transparent work environment
- Growth-mindset with a healthy dose of skepticism
- Strong written and verbal communicator who errs on the side of overcommunication
- Strong sense of responsibility with a bias towards action
- Comfortable self-directing and prioritizing your own work
- Strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience with design systems and Figma
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Homebound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.