What's more exciting than creating products for the fast growing esports industry? Building them with a team of extremely talented and collaborative people! If you are a passionate, entrepreneurial-spirited individual who thrives in taking ambiguous ideas from concept to market, this role is for you.
At Battlefy, design has a seat at the table. It's woven into our entire organization. We love challenging the status quo - whatever it takes to make the best product! Product managers do not manage designers. Designers are not simply in charge of making things usable. Product managers and designers are thought partners. We're an extremely collaborative team and we take pride in the work that we do. We know we've still got a lot to go, but our design team is growing and we want you to grow with us.
Learn more about what it's like to be a designer in Battlefy.
- Cross-functional: A meticulous designer that works across systems, information architecture, interactions, visuals, and prototyping. You will be accountable for delivering the best end-to-end experience.
- User-centric: An avid champion of user research, design principles, a continuous learner, and a team player who understands that process, critique, and iterations are as important as the final solution.
- Collaborative: An expert communicator and presenter. You are able to justify your design decisions and rationale to everyone in the company from sales, to business, to engineering and product.
- Proactive: You are always looking for problems to solve and ways to improve yourself, the team, and the product. You are a team player who knows when and how to extract constructive feedback from others.
- Leader: You lead by example. You're able to push and challenge others to adopt design thinking processes. You're a self-starter who is comfortable working in ambiguity.
- Build and help define how the Battlefy platform works, feels, looks, and interacts.
- Have the autonomy to own and challenge the entire product design process, from problem definition & user research to wireframing, prototyping, high-fidelity mockups, and testing.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product, Marketing & Sales on a daily basis, explaining design choices and trade-offs.
- Conduct user research and gather quantitative data to support product design decisions.
- Design beautiful interfaces which show only the amount of visual information necessary, no more no less.
- After release, pinpoint where optimization, user research and analytics can be most effective for driving subsequent iterations.
- Experience extreme career growth and personal development with world-class mentorship from a talented, diverse team.
- Champion an initiative you're passionate from concept to delivery, with the support of the design team.
To be successful in this role, you have..
- 4+ years experience shipping digital products.
- Experience working in an agile, inter-disciplinary collaborative environment to see the implementation of designs through product development.
- An online portfolio demonstrating experience creating high-quality, thoughtful UX that are user-focused, simple, and intuitive.
- A passion and deep understanding of information architecture and systems thinking.
- Expert knowledge of Sketch, Adobe CC, and prototyping tools.
- An active Canadian work visa.
- Worked in a startup environment and are used to wearing different hats
- Have experience in organizing and playing in esports tournaments
- Attempted (even if it failed) your own venture
- Willing to relocate if you are not in Vancouver, BC
At Battlefy, you will be instrumental in fostering the team to rise up and become legends. While doing so you’ll receive a competitive salary, flexible hours, medical & dental benefits, and unlimited vacation time. Most importantly though, you will receive the support of a talented, warm and welcoming family that shares your passion and enthusiasm for building a legacy in esports.
- Competitive salary with comprehensive extended health and dental coverage
- Stock options
- Company laptop
- Unlimited vacation days
- Flexible work hours
- Helpful and friendly team
- Dog friendly office
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Social fridays (and board games!) to destress with the team
- And much more!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Thank you for your interest in Battlefy!
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Battlefy is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.