Our team is committed to enhancing physician and patient quality of life through Elation, a SaaS cloud-based clinical platform. We’ve built a product that users love, and we plan to keep it that way by continuing to empathize with users and help them overcome challenges.
The Design Team is looking for a Product Designer to join in our mission of deeply understanding our users and designing the right tools and experiences for them. Designing at Elation is humbling, challenging, and rewarding. Our users do work that affects human lives, and our tools can make or break that work.
As a Product Designer, you will ...
- Partner closely with product managers and engineers to ship amazing user experiences
- Understand a complex industry and user
- Conduct user research to understand user problems
- Devise simple, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Drive ideation, gather stakeholder feedback, and perform user testing
- Own and iterate UX, UI, and visual design and deliver thorough specs
- Clarify, adapt, and ensure quality of designs as they are being implemented
- Own key design initiatives that expand our capacity as a design team (e.g. improving our user research function, systematizing core knowledge about our user, improving design tools and process, etc.)
- Design, build and manage style across the product. Expand the Elation design system and promote it across our products and teams to ensure a clear, efficient and consistent experience for our users.
- Level up yourself and our team to be at the leading edge of design
- Instill design thinking in our company's culture and communicate key insights about our users
- Leverage design skills to fill gaps and solve problems across the company
- 3+ years of web-based product design experience, during which you’ve shipped your designs to production (and real end-users have interacted with them).
- A strong online portfolio. The strongest portfolios will demonstrate: (1) Excellent interaction design, visual design, and prototyping skills, (2) How you have transformed complex problems into intuitive, human-centered customer experiences, (3) Understanding of UI and visual design principles, and user behavioral patterns.
- Experience conducting design research.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in healthcare is a plus.