Hey there! We’re Morning Brew - a bunch of smart, dedicated people focused on disrupting and redefining the traditional business news landscape. Also, we’re nice and have great swag. We are looking for a Product designer to join our team.
While this position is based in New York City, office colocation will be contingent on stay-at-home orders; until then, all employees are working remotely.
It's our goal to make the business world more engaging for the modern business leader. How? By giving our audience the news they need in a way they actually enjoy. Across newsletters, podcasts, social, and (soon) even more, we're building something special. Want in? Read on.
Morning Brew is looking for a skilled product designer to join our growing design team.
As a product designer at Morning Brew, you’ll be able to work with newsletters that reach 3 million+ people, create new web experiences for Morning Brew brands, and launch entirely new brands. You will be working closely with illustrators, product managers, engineers, and content stakeholders to bring Morning Brew brands to life through enviable, personality-rich product experiences. You should think user-first, have a bold design perspective, have an eye towards responsive, accessible design, work best with critical feedback, and be rarely satisfied with the first iteration. This role sits in Design, within the Product org, and reports to the Art director.
Here’s what you’ll be working on:
· Creating beautiful, interesting, innovative experiences across email and web that express the true personality of Morning Brew.
· Designing and building site-first content experiences such as websites, branded content, content hubs, and more.
· Producing and presenting mockups, storyboards, wireframes, sitemaps, user flows, and prototypes of potential products, following user-centered design principles to produce high-quality visuals, from concept to execution.
· Working with other designers to establish style guides, templates, and design systems.
· Partnering with content and product leadership to ideate and build new brand identities
· Conducting ad hoc user testing to gather feedback on low and high fidelity prototypes
What makes you qualified?
· 5+ years experience designing, especially for the web
· Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or other related major or equivalent experience.
· Strong portfolio demonstrating a body of professional visual problem-solving as well as a clear sense of your personal design voice.
· Clear understanding of common workflows for website design from start to finish, including deep collaboration with stakeholders.
· Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and meet deadlines
· Working knowledge of responsive design and grid principles.
· Strong understanding of typography, layout and visual design skills.
· Strong working knowledge of industry tools: Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML/CSS, Sketch, and XD.
· Strong verbal communication skills to convey ideas.
· Flexible and willing to pitch in where needed.
· Excited to learn, improve, and grow as a designer.
Please be prepared to submit:
· Your resume
· A short introduction/cover letter
· Why you are interested in this position
· Your updated portfolio as an attachment or a link to an online version
· An example of a recent project that you designed for the web
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we thought we'd sweeten the pot even more with some perks:
Annual Learning Credit: Want to learn something new? We'll pay for it.
Unlimited Sick and Vacation Time: And trust us, unlimited means UNLIMITED.
Remote Work Optional: Work from home, work from the office, work from the moon, you decide.
401(k) Employer Match: Helping you be ready for the future in the present.
Premium Healthcare Partially Covered by Employer: Trying to make getting sick less awful.
Work From Home Stipends: Upgrade your home office on us!
Morning Brew is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that’s representative of our audience.