Joining TWG means working on incredible projects, mastering your craft, enjoying competitive benefits and working among the best in your field.
We're searching for a teammate with a proven passion for product design. You’ll collaborate with product managers, engineers and your design teammates to create effective experiences for our clients and their users. We are currently looking for an Intermediate Product Designer to join our growing studio of designers. Help us deliver high-quality software across a variety of client projects and industries, that ultimately provides measurable value to our clients and their customers.
We’re looking for an individual who is passionate about end-to-end, human-centered Product Design with a focus on UI. User research, information architecture, user flows, user experience design, interface design, prototyping and user testing are all central to this role.
Join our growing Product Design team and help shape the future of our software design practice.
About the Job
- Lead projects from end-to-end as the key Design stakeholder responsible for successful solutions
- Use established user-centered design practices and techniques to choose the right methods depending on the problem at hand
- Effectively communicate your design concept to stakeholders with thoughtfulness and confidence
- Lead workshops that enable your teams and stakeholders to build clarity and alignment
- Contribute to our Design culture of critiques, testing, research and education
- Continue to grow your skills and experience as a Product Designer
- Experience creating web or native mobile applications from conception to launch and beyond
- Demonstrable experience bringing real products to life that have been used by real people
- Experience working on complex interaction and workflow design challenges
- An online portfolio that communicates the goals, process, and outcomes of your work
- Proficiency with Sketch, Figma, and prototyping tools like Invision or Keynote
Nice to Have
- You love connecting with the people that you’re designing for through interviews, user studies, research and testing
- Experience with interaction design using tools such as After Effects, HTML/CSS, Framer, Principle or any other magic that you’re excited about
- A passion for content creation such as copywriting, photography, public speaking, or any other special skills that flex your creative muscles
- You love what you do and are hungry to learn new skills, techniques, processes and ideas
- You work well in a team and are passionate about design and the human experience
- Clients are on your team. You’re able to communicate with them directly and honestly while realizing a shared vision of beautiful, functional products
- You are passionate about complex workflows and always think at the system level, beyond individual components.
- You know that a good product is more than a flashy Dribbble post. Your understanding of intuitive functionality, interaction, architecture, user interfaces and navigation for web and mobile is solid.
TWG believes in transparency and publicly shares salary ranges with each of our job postings. The salary range for this position is:
$65,000 - $80,000
TWG reviews our salary ranges using data collected through the hiring process, publicly published salary reports and salary information shared with similar companies in our industry. TWG employees have public access to all salary ranges for all positions through our Employee Handbook.
If you have any questions about TWG’s salary ranges, please email us at [email protected]
What we value
TWG is championing a revolution in software design, turning traditional engagements into lasting partnerships that create real value for everyone involved.
We believe that in order to impact the organizations and communities that we serve, we need to champion an inclusive and equitable culture. We listen, learn, and act on behalf of our team to ensure that everyone has a chance to bring their ideas and contributions to our work, programs, and events. Having a diverse work environment where everyone can be their authentic self is at the heart of TWG.
- Friendly environment with flexible office hours
- Competitive salaries
- 15 days of paid vacation
- Unlimited paid personal days
- Work from home with one-time Work from home office allowance
- Hybrid benefits plan: prescriptions, dental, fertility, insurance and health spending account
- Paid phone plan
- Computer hardware program
- Group RRSP program with matching program after 1 year
- Paid parental leave
- Corporate gym rate and wellness allowance
- Learning culture: professional development allowance, in-house lunch and learns, conferences and training courses
- Stocked kitchen with healthy treats, juices, coffee and premium beer
- Company retreats and socials
- Pet-friendly office
- Weekly rituals to stay connected while we’re apart: weekly yoga via zoom, company wide standups, meditation, weekly company wide demos, monthly lunches, and quarterly town halls
- Company commitment to matching employee donations to organizations supporting Black Lives Matter
TWG is committed to diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including aboriginal persons, francophones, persons with family caregiving responsibilities, members of sexual minority groups, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and women.