Vokal is looking for a well rounded creative expert that can fluidly transition between UX, IXD and, visual design with a passion to create amazing digital experiences. This person is inspired by the power that creative ideas, emotional experiences, and impactful digital solutions have on shaping our world.
At Vokal you will have the opportunity to work on exciting projects for clients ranging from early startups to the Fortune 500. We help the world's best brands research, design & build digital experiences for the modern world. We believe in building digital experiences through purposeful iterations. Our human-centered culture allows us to build meaningful products that meet real human needs in a transformative way.
Together we are a multi-disciplinary company providing capabilities from our team in strategy, content, design, and technology. We are a “people-first” organization, people are at the core of what we do. At the end of the day we are: Artists, designers, musicians, rock climbers, geeks, futurist, philosophers, parents, hackers, storytellers, pet owners, gamers, athletes, cooks, teachers, builders, volunteers and more...
We’re looking for individuals interested in a contract-to-hire or full-time engagement, and offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
This position is based in our home office located in Chicago’s River North neighborhood.
- Have 6+ years experience as a senior designer and have lead creative projects
- Have a design philosophy and can articulate your approach clearly
- Have a passion for design and a curiosity about how the world works
- Have an ongoing pursuit for knowledge and always stay aware of trends, and industry advancements
- Understand how simplicity in communication, the beauty of visual design, and nuances in micro-actions separate the good from the great
- Have strong abilities in research, strategy, and innovative thinking
- Are confident speaking directly with clients and inspiring them with beautiful design solutions
- Are committed to collaborating with other teams to solve problems and deliver above and beyond expectations
- Are advanced with industry tools and best practices for creating mobile, web, and other digital mediums (VR, AR, AI, Voice, etc)
- Are inspired by creating a vision and shaping the trends in new mediums, industries, and experiences
Are not just a “diligent doer”, but holistically know the ”why” behind a design or strategy
- Are ambitious and have a visionary approach versus a production mindset.
- Are able to manage multiple brands across a variety of industries, at coinciding times
- Are able to manage your own schedule and deliver on time
- Can create, present, and support the design decisions around user & stakeholder research (interviews, usability & observations, surveys, etc), personas, user journeys & flows, concept generation, mood boards, prototypes, wireframes (sketchy & high fidelity), visual comps, UI / brand style guides, and optimizing design assets for production