Customer First. Experience Driven. World Class Experiences.
The Role You’ll Play:
As a product designer you will work closely with the Product, Data, and Engineering teams to rebuild, unify, and expand our data admin. Our data admin is paramount to the effective operations of the CB Insights platform. Your work will help clients make sense of the future and drive their businesses forward. You’ll play a critical part in building unified, user-centric, and flexible data management and ingestion tools to extract and maintain data for our platform.
Your work will delight hundreds of Fortune 1000 customers, the top VCs in the world and 600,000+ newsletter subscribers.
About the design team:
The CB Insights design team is a small and collaborative group of hardworking individuals. We know success comes from a team that can trust, challenge, and learn from one another. We value autonomy and “heads down” time giving each other the space to take ownership and experiment. We are constantly evolving to ensure our processes are working hard for us, not the other way around. Designers work with teams across the organization and have direct access to leadership. Our work is highly visible and directly impacts the future of the CB insights platform, branding, and customer experience.
Your Main Tasks:
- Collaborate with our Product Owners, technical leads, engineers and business stakeholders to translate complex, high-level concepts into clean, intuitive, and functional experiences that facilitate and improve CB Insights’ internal operations
- Combine UX thinking with design execution, to produce fast, intuitive, and accessible user experiences
- Make data-driven decisions that translate business goals into product experiences based on user feedback, site metrics, and usability reports
- Advocate for the user, validate concepts, and obtain feedback comprehensively across internal, external, and third party stakeholders
- Facilitate a collaborative design process soliciting feedback early and often
- Rapidly ideate and validate designs through sketches, prototypes, and testing
- Create high-fidelity visuals and specifications for your final solutions working closely with Technical Product Managers and Engineering to ensure high-quality implementation
- Scale and contribute to the CB Insights design language systems and guide implementation and anatomy
- Help build out product design processes, tools, and culture
What you bring to the table:
- 3+ years of product design experience
Proven experience with data extraction systems; you must provide a link to your portfolio (and password if applicable) to be considered for this role
- Proficiency in UX, wireframing, research, usability testing, and web form design
- Strong understanding of information hierarchy, usability, and design principles
- Experience designing for a software development company with a data heavy product
“Systems” thinker - have a holistic understanding of user needs by exploring the interconnected complexities of the current system and working to optimize when possible.
- Fluency in the latest product design tools and technology (e.g. Sketch, Abstract, JIRA, etc.)
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Seeks feedback early and often with an iterative, user-centric approach to designing experiences
- Highly developed time-management, prioritization and organizational skills
You’ll be successful here if:
- You can make decisions quickly with a deep understanding of the bigger picture
- You're obsessed with details
- You are someone who is comfortable setting direction
- You have strong cross-functional communication skills
- You approach design with a high level of user empathy
- You are curious and willing to experiment
- You are self-aware and humble
Amazing culture: Happy, Helpful, Humble, Hungry. Learn more here
A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!