Join Codecademy's growing design team and help create the best educational experience online.
Have you ever contemplated how design can change the way people learn online? Are you passionate about user-centered design and have an avid appetite for interaction models, design systems, data visualization, and well-crafted digital experiences? Codecademy is seeking an exceptional designer with a proven track record for creating functional, elegant and impactful design solutions.
As a product designer at Codecademy, you'll be involved in the product development process from start to finish. From brainstorming entirely new features to designing usable flows and beautiful interfaces, you'll exercise your full range of product, interaction, and visual design skills on a daily basis.
You'll enjoy a high level of ownership of the features you work on. You'll partner with engineering, community, and data analysis to build and iterate on various design challenges in our product. We're looking for someone who sweats the details and is ready to tackle any design challenge that comes up between concepting and launching a product.
Your work will empower millions of people worldwide to learn how to code and create something. Together, we can redesign education and create the best online learning experience.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with other designers, engineers, and product managers on multiple interrelated projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Evaluate data from multiple sources, synthesize it, and develop design strategies according to best UX practices.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into congruent scenarios, usable flows, and simple, intuitive interfaces.
- Make high-level contributions to product strategy by identifying new opportunities, generating innovative solutions, creating emotionally engaging designs, and improving existing features.
- Be an advocate for an integrated, consistent UI throughout the product, and for a cohesive set of design principles and patterns.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated with a passion for pixel perfection, consistency, organization, usability, and discoverability.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to soundly discuss design decisions.
- Strong visual communication skills with a keen eye for typography, layout, and color.
- Portfolio that showcases a proven record of delivering inventive solutions on time for demanding and complex design problems.
- Proficiency with the Adobe Suite.
- 2 to 5 years of experience designing for web or mobile platforms.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.