Afterpay is transforming the way we pay by allowing customers to receive products immediately and pay for their purchases over four installments, always interest-free. The service is completely free for customers who pay on time - helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt!
Afterpay is offered by more than 55,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 10 million active customers globally. In the U.S. more than 5 million customers use Afterpay and is offered by more than 15,000 of the top fashion and beauty retailers across the country - including Anthropologie, Forever 21, DSW, GOAT, Finish Line, Levi’s, Mac Cosmetics, Ray-Ban and many others. We are currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom where the brand is called Clearpay. Our U.S. headquarters are located at the heart of the retail and business district in San Francisco, California.
Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay’s ambition is to become the world’s favourite way to pay for what we call life’s little essentials – a new way of purchasing designed for and around our customers’ interests. We believe that great design has the ability to engage and inspire.
The Afterpay’s Consumer Feature Team is focused on bringing to market novel consumer features and tools that delight customers and hold strong competitive advantages. With a focus on the Afterpay mobile app, this team will work to create the most compelling and consistent experiences as well as taking ownership of an intuitive information architecture, bridging multiple product areas in the one dynamic ecosystem.
We are looking for a passionate and talented designer who has demonstrated the use of human centered design principles to create and ship new digital product experiences.
Our designers are strategic thinkers and conceptual problem solvers who create new products, services and experiences. You’ll work closely with product and technology partners during discovery and define phases to gather and translate data, research and insights into usable and engaging applications though ideation sessions, design sprints and creative collaboration.
The role requires a seasoned design crafts person, with hands on skills and the focus to turn conceptual thinking into tangible solutions for critique and user feedback. You will iterate quickly and have responsibility for your designs all the way through hand off and delivery to our engineering partners. You will be the dedicated design voice through the development and deployment phases, seeing your work in the hands of end users.
• Work closely with product and business partners to discover and define customer and merchant pain points and opportunities for product enhancement / innovation.
• Solve complex design challenges through the participation in and curation of design programs covering research, journey mapping, sketching and high fidelity design of solutions.
• Design and socialize low/medium fidelity solution prototypes for validation and feedback.
• Hand-off validated product designs to development teams and oversee implementation.
• Informally mentor junior design practitioners in best practices, process, and methodology.
• Design best practice consumer discovery, shopping and payments experiences that empathise with customers needs and given situations.
• Create scalable designs that cater for localisation.
• Be the subject matter expert for all consumer feature experiences.
• Design end to end experiences optimised for conversion.
• Have an understanding of research methodologies and the ability to conduct user interviews with merchants and customers.
• Minimum of 7+ years experience in the digital product design field.
• Experience working autonomously and leading independent initiatives.
• Strong design point-of-view and comfort with challenging personal opinions.
• Experience participating in / facilitating design research, design sprints & ideation sessions.
• Ability to turn conceptual and abstract thinking into tangible product design solutions.
• Ability to communicate ideas and design decisions effectively.
• Craftsperson, strong skills and experience in Figma and design prototyping tools.
• Experience working from and contributing to established design systems / design language.
• Experience working with design technologists or prototypers.
• Experience working hands-on with engineers and product managers in a fast-paced environment.
What We Offer
• Competitive compensation packages
• Medical, Dental, Vision insurance (100% covered!)
• Fun virtual company events & collaborative team
• Supportive, laid-back environment
• Award winning culture
How to Apply
If you are brave, if you are committed to doing the right thing, if you always keep it real, and your background matches the description above then please apply today!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.