The Platform team creates the technology that enables Spotify to learn quickly and scale easily, enabling rapid growth in our users and our business around the globe. Spanning many disciplines, we work to make the business work; creating the frameworks, capabilities and tools needed to welcome a billion customers. Join us and help to amplify productivity, quality and innovation across Spotify.
We are looking for an experienced product designer to join our Core Infrastructure team whose mission is to provide a coherent service platform for all Spotify developers to iterate faster, safely, and at scale. You will be responsible for sitting at the intersection of user experience interface design, helping to define the next generation of developer tools for Spotify.
What you'll do
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams made up of representatives from engineering, product, and product insights
- Take into account existing insights, technical constraints, and business needs to produce data-informed solutions
- You’ll take full ownership of your work and total responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way, from whiteboard sketching to high-fidelity final treatments
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes, understanding when deeper exploration is warranted and when it is best to change paths and try another approach.
Who you are
- You have at least 3 years of experience designing developer experiences and/or developer platforms
- You are a talented designer, with a focus on UX design
- You are comfortable working closely with developers internal and external to Spotify (Google Cloud, Cloud Native Foundation, and others)
- You’re happy to travel the world to collaborate with our international teams in Stockholm, Sweden
- You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts. Also instrumental is the ability to speak confidently to your own design work and convince others of your reasoning
- You have a people-focused design mentality and want to design and build products/features that truly have meaningful impact
- You are comfortable independently leading complete design projects of high complexity
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.