Group: Technology | Function: Design
We’re recruiting for a Product Designer to focus on continuing to build our Design Systems.
You’ll focus on building end-to-end design systems for our web and mobile applications and will work closely with design, engineering, product managers, and researchers to bring our products to the next level and beyond!
This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of smart, creative and collaborative Design team at Onfido that values the input of every team member. You’ll be led by a Director of Product Design that is experienced, talented, humble, approachable and always makes time for team members and the team!
Your mission will be to improve and scale our design systems.
- Identify needs, sketch and prototype ideas, refine with the teams, and continually iterate based on usability testing and data
- Align the design system needs to work across all of our products
- Collaborate with others in the design team to explore, iterate, refine, and maintain
- Run workshops and sketching sessions with designers and non-designers
- Document design system usage guidelines
- Find moments to teach others of design best practices and become the go-to-person for the design system
- Assist with technical implementation
At Onfido, we’re opening up online access on a global scale. Whether it’s sharing a car or opening a bank account, many of our everyday services are moving online. That means millions of everyday interactions now happen digitally – without people ever meeting face-to-face. Our mission is to help more people access those services by building trust between businesses and their users.
We’ve pioneered using deep learning to verify identity and reduce fraud, but we’re just getting started! Our goal is to apply cutting-edge research to build powerful, simple products that drive trust, inclusion and safety online.
At Onfido, we deeply value trust and ownership. Our smart, friendly and ambitious engineers, researchers, product managers and designers work together closely to solve a challenging problem - identity in an online world - and build products that are polished and impactful. We take pride in software we ship and hold ourselves to high standards in an industry where privacy, security and reliability are crucial.
You can learn more about our team and the work we do on our Onfido Tech blog.
What we're hoping to see highlighted on your CV, portfolio and application:
- Experience building and maintaining a design system (or a strong interest in wanting to work on design systems)
- A great understanding of accessibility guidelines and designing to meet these requirements
- Experience working in a fast scaling startup with a growing design and product team
- Experience working across web and native applications
- Fantastic collaboration skills — you’ll need to get people to buy-in and agree on your direction
- Highly proficient in Sketch, a good knowledge of Framer(X), Marvel, Invision, or similar, and familiarity with Abstract (or other design version control tool)
- Good understanding of HTML, CSS, and JS (React would be advantageous)
Values and behaviours:
- Succeed Together - Share skills, ideas and honest feedback. Be excellent to each other.
- Take Pride - Deliver world-class quality and be an ambassador.
- Learn Things, Share Them - Seek out knowledge. Then, take what you learn and teach it to others.
- Find a Better Way - Fix what's broken and make what works even better.
- Create Customer Buzz - Craft an experience that customers rave about.
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
- Share options
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary)
- Personalised Financial Advice with St. James’ Place Wealth Management
- Bupa Health Cash Plan (Level 2)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Tax-Free Childcare Scheme
- Payroll Giving
- Volunteer days - 2 days paid time off per year, in addition to holiday allowance, to volunteer
- Subsidised gym membership or home cleaning (50% up to £50 per month)
- Onsite massages
- Free yoga classes, 5-a-side football bookings
- Unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- Free languages classes (currently Spanish, French and English)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Clubs: Coding, Running, Theatre, Games, Poker, Movies and many more!
- Quarterly socials (e.g. cookery classes, go-karting and private cinema trips)
- Open and transparent culture
The interview process will involve:
- Simple profile matching from us - assessing your application against the role
- Two-way conversations where we both can find out a bit more about each other
- Do at home task where you give a bit of an insight into how you approach problem-solving
- On-site two-way technical and cultural conversations with the team
This process should take around two to three weeks, depending on diaries.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at Onfido. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.