Product Designer, Under Armour Connected Fitness
Under Armour are a leading company in sports products and the most dynamic growth brand in sports in the past 30 years. Under Armour’s growth comes from relentless focus on innovative products as well as its powerful and authentic connection with athletes and people who share the athletic spirit. The highest quality products, powerful storytelling and endorsement by “home town hero” athletes helped create the powerful movement that is Under Armour.
Under Armour Connected Fitness has steadily been building the world’s largest digital fitness community by providing tools to make fitness social, simple and rewarding through a suite of flagship consumer fitness brands – MapMyFitness (MapMyRun, MapMyRide, MapMyWalk), My Fitness Pal, Endomondo.
We are looking for a Product Designer to join the UA Fitness Design team. This role will play an instrumental role in the discovery and execution of digital experiences for mobile and web products. This is a product design role, focused on interface and experience design. It’s preferable that the ideal candidate has experience in both web and app-based projects, with a focus on native mobile app design. You will thoroughly understand the user goals, business needs, and create architecture, flows, and wireframes that help people accomplish their goals and result in memorable and beautiful experiences.
You'll be working in a creative environment with business owners, product managers, designers and developers and your role is to ensure that consumer's goals and requirements are captured, communicated and satisfied. You will work alongside a small team of designers, and you are familiar with agile design and development methodologies. We are looking for people who are passionate about solving problems using design methods. Your proactive approach to creative problem solving will be essential to the success of the whole team. Strong handle of design with an acute sensibility for user experience is required.
This position is based in the Under Armour Connected Fitness offices in San Francisco, CA.
- Experience in both web and app-based products, with a proficiency in mobile design (iOS and Android)
- Generate and translate abstract concepts into simple and elegant user interfaces
- Create concept models, user interface sketches, and detailed schematics
- 1-2 years experience being held accountable for the design and execution of design tracks within digital products, working with peer partners and designers on the team
- Best-in-class project deliverables (concepts, designs, schematics, flows etc.)
- Proficiency in interaction design discipline – best-in-class information architecture, interaction models, user flows, interaction patterns, annotations, etc.
- Experience with conducting user research and usability studies (both formal and guerrilla-style), and generating insights through synthesis
- Able to understand the conceptual basis of a brand and how it should inform design
- Experience adhering to and developing style and identity guidelines
- Experience using Sketch, Framer, and frankly – any tool necessary to get the job “done, done, done!”
- Understands the value of the latest design trends
- Experience working with Designers, Art Directors, Content Strategists and Copywriters
- Eager to solicit feedback from real users and teammates
- Sketching/drawing skills a plus.
- Bachelors degree in Graphic Design, HCI or equivalent experience
Preferred skills (bonus points):
- Understands the emerging world of quantified self, and the convergence of technology, wearables, wellness, and fitness
- Have worked agency side for big brands, supporting many thousands of users
- Or, have worked internal at a big brand, or an amazing product startup
- You are a self-starting problem solver who is driven by their craft.
- You excel at turning human behaviors, coupled with business needs, into real concepts.
- You thrive on collaboration, and communicate effectively.
- You are a systems thinker, and can simplify complexity.
- You are obsessed with how technology and design can be utilized to improve the human experience.
- You naturally collaborate with teammates at all levels of experience.
- Your definition of UX/UI Design is inextricable with visual and motion design.
- You know how to inform, instruct, and motivate through design.
- You know how to delegate, prioritize, and escalate as needed.
- You are more concerned about being smart than being “right”.
- You have the ability to think conceptually and offer up new ideas and options and also drive a design through implementation to the pixel perfect level.
- You are a skilled discussion facilitator and storyteller.
- You maintain a positive, enthusiastic attitude.
- You have a passion for wellness and fitness.
- You have a sense of humor and like, you know, fun.
- You are ready to make some really cool stuff.
- To be considered, you must provide a link to an online portfolio