We are early builders behind everyday products like Facebook, Twitter, and Uber, and we believe Operator could become something just as big. Our product lies at the intersection of technology's biggest trends today—messaging, mobile, and on-demand services—and we're venture backed by top investors and entrepreneurs around the world.
We're growing quickly and want to work with a leading Product Designer who can drive us towards the best product possible. We are looking for a full spectrum designer to work directly with our Head of Design to lead our product roadmap from planning to execution to post-release.
Reports to: Head of Design
As a Product Designer at Operator, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from need-finding to tweaking pixels right before launch. Working closely with product managers, engineers as well as our in-house team of business and field operations — you will have a strategic role in defining the Operator experience.
We value designers who see themselves as problem solvers and that take pride in delivering polished, pixel perfect designs. We’re looking for a designer who can inspire others, collaborate with teams, and grow the value of our product offering. We foster a collaborative environment in which ideas are shared and feedback is welcomed. We work in a fast-paced, agile & lean setting in which data takes a crucial place in informing learnings and iterations.
- Create — ideate multiple solutions and deliver quality designs of Operator product features, from low to high fidelity, including wireframes, visual concepts, layouts, typographic explorations, and icon design
- Collaborate — work with cross-functional teams to produce pixel-perfect and brand-appropriate design experiences across all our platforms — Web, iOS, Android and email
- Autonomy — seek additional information from analytics or stakeholders, work independently with cross-functional partners, and work with engineers to execute pixel-perfect designs and interactions
- Process — execute on a defined direction/strategy, owning the process from need-finding to execution: coordinating research (stakeholder interviews, ideation, competitor auditing), analyze and hypothesize, create multiple wireframes and user flows, execute pixel-perfect visual designs, work with engineering and product managers on implementation.
Skills & Requirements:
- BFA/MFA or equivalent industry experience
- A digital portfolio that displays a visually stunning array of mobile and interactive work showcasing your grasp of branding, typography, color, grid, scale, balance and hierarchy.
- Experience working on native mobile products for both iOS and Android
- Excellent communication skills: you can easily convey your rationale and thought process to any audience
- Self-motivated: you manage your own milestones, deadlines and priorities
- You have passion for both the retail and messaging space.
- You are comfortable with the tools of the trade and can move across them depending on the task at hand: Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Keynote, After Effects, etc.
Bonus Points for:
- 2+ years of experience with messaging, commerce, lifestyle brands and consumer web products preferred
- Experience in working in an agile environment
- Knowledge of front-end coding
- Skills and experience in art direction, photography, iconography or illustration
- Beautiful headquarter office in downtown San Francisco
- Competitive salary which recognizes your talent seniority and dedication
- Stock options
- Health benefits
- Stocked kitchen and team lunches