We are building the first digital bank for friends. We are building a new bank with a vision to change people’s relationship with money for good.
Kroo was established in autumn of 2016 and is aiming to be the greatest social bank on the planet. We will deliver a highly intuitive social current account, together with a range of other traditional banking products including a micro-enterprise current account, savings, and loans.
We are a multi-disciplined team of experienced technology, banking, customer experience, marketing, and legal professionals who share a passion for the company’s mission and believe in a collaborative approach to creating the greatest social bank. We are building a diverse team of inquisitive people who want to understand customer needs and behaviour so we can develop innovative products that change people’s lives for good.
We are looking for a talented product designer. You should have experience in designing mobile apps both UX/UI and understand design thinking and feel comfortable working in an agile environment, ideally in startups. You need to be able to solve problems and deliver quality design work from ideation and wireframes to creating prototypes.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with Product Managers, Developers, other Product Designers and researchers to build products that delight our customers
- Be involved at every step of the product design and development process, from brainstorming and testing broad ideas to ensuring design quality through to launch
- Discover customer problems and test hypotheses by running experiments and building interactive prototypes
- Design effective and beautiful UX flows and UI visuals that delight customers across iOS, Android and the Web
- Influence, iterate and improve the shape of the product with research and data while considering technical constraints and business goals
- Collaborate with Product Designers across the teams to raise the quality bar and continuously improve our design process, principles and tooling
You should apply if:
- You have in-depth experience designing experiences and creating solutions for mobile apps
- You love working in close collaboration on a brand identity and its evolution
- You’ve got the ability to take projects from concept to completion, doing everything possible to ensure their success
- You are highly proficient with Figma
- You are highly proficient in interactive prototyping with tools like InVision, Principle, Framer and Origami
- You are comfortable sharing and presenting your ideas and learnings internally and externally
- You’re passionate about accessibility and inclusive design
- You are creative and think outside the box
- You enjoy working in a diverse, inclusive environment and care about supporting this culture.
We can be flexible with the structure of our interview process if someone's circumstances or timescales require it but our general structure is:
- 30-45 minute Google Hangout with one of our Product Designers
- 2 hour face to face with our team
- 30 minute face to face with one of our Founders / Exec team
Please let us know if you have any specific requirements or need assistance so we can be as accommodating as possible for you.
What we offer you:
- High degree of autonomy
- Opportunity to learn something new everyday
- Room to grow and excel within a fast growing start-up
- An environment that adopts forward thinking design practices
- An ethically conscious company that is truly trying to change the industry
- An awesome team to be part of – we have warm, friendly and highly talented people!
- An inclusive environment with regular team events and ad-hoc social events to break the routine
- A modern, bustling office in Holborn, Central London with a free gym!
A full list of our benefits can be found on our careers page.