Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by default. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
Shopify has redefined commerce by raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services. To help power 1,000,000+ merchants in more than 175 different countries, Shopify is always growing and finding new ways to create more value for commerce businesses around the world.
Oberlo, a brand within Shopify is playing a key role in bringing, inspiring, motivating, and coaching aspiring entrepreneurs to start an online business. We provide entrepreneurs with everything they need to start, from content (articles, podcasts, videos, ebooks, etc.), training courses, products to sell, and tools to run their business. We have lots of exciting work ahead of us, and are looking for a product designer with strong attention to details. You’ll own projects from start to finish, collaborate with researchers, product managers, designers and developers, and focus on delivering the best possible experience for our merchants. You’ll also have the opportunity to help shape Oberlo's brand, user interface and design language.
Passion and curiosity go a long way. Even if you aren’t able to check every box below, please still consider applying.
- Improve the merchant experience. You’ll own projects from start to finish, while participating in various initiatives including workshops to define and explore merchant problems, sketching, wireframing, prototyping, and reviews.
- Help shape Oberlo’s brand identity and user interface.
- Make your team stronger. You’ll provide actionable feedback to your peers to help strengthen their visual and interaction design skills.
- Help your team develop empathy for our merchants and advocate for our merchants’ needs. Data will be just one of the many tools you will use to help inform your work.
- Ship valuable and high-quality work without sacrificing speed.
- Strong attention to detail and an eye for good design.
- Ability to articulate, present, and sometimes defend your design decisions.
- Passion for solving problems while balancing all facets of a user experience (strategy and research, information architecture, interaction design) and collaborating closely with multiple disciplines including product, engineering, content, and research.
- An understanding of the end-to-end iterative design process including wireframing, content modelling, prototyping, user research, and high-fidelity visuals.
- Proficiency with current industry design and collaboration tools such as Figma.
- A portfolio of projects you’ve worked on.
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce around the world, send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best. We hope to hear from you soon!
This this job posting will be open until Friday December 4th.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Interested, but not ready to apply?
Join the Shopify Talent Community today by clicking here
to learn more about Shopify.