We’re looking for a passionate, driven and experienced Product Designer to help us shape the future of content by crafting world-class user experiences across Pocket’s entire platform.
At Pocket we love what we do, but more importantly we are building something that millions of people love, too. Pocket has become essential to how people discover and consume content on any device. If you are passionate about using technology to improve people's lives, we believe Pocket has challenges in front of us that will excite you.
We're a small team and that means lots of opportunity to own projects from start to finish that have tremendous impact on large numbers of people, across many different devices and platforms. Your role will fundamentally affect the success of Pocket.
There are countless UX challenges in our pipeline and you’ll be at the forefront of our efforts, directly responsible for decisions that form the product and impact the daily experience of millions. You’ll use your full range of skills from user experience, interaction design, visual design and user research to build impactful experiences.
Come work with us and make a big impact.
What you’ll do:
- Work with our tight-knit, collaborative team, guided by a highly iterative design process
- Design product experiences across Pocket’s entire platform from concept to completion
- Validate ideas and design decisions with qualitative and quantitative feedback by conducting and analyzing user research
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, data analysts and support and will be actively involved in defining product strategy
- Take an active role in refining how our Design team works and actively help recruit and improve our design hiring process
- Push the visual style of Pocket forward and help maintain its consistency by designing and documenting visual systems and style guides
What you already have:
- A strong, diverse portfolio of design projects that show excellent product design skills
- 4+ years design experience
- Experience and comfort designing engaging user experiences for desktop, web and mobile apps (iOS and Android)
- You excel at validating concepts through research, low and high-fidelity prototyping and user testing.
- You are equally comfortable working the details of your designs at a pixel-perfect level and you think in terms of design systems
- A strong point of view on design and a sensibility that fits with the Pocket style
- Great communication skills. You should be able to clearly articulate your design decisions and what problems they’re solving
- You think at a high level about product strategy and vision, while recognizing how your work impacts it
- You are self-driven and thrive in an environment with short feedback loops
- You should be comfortable giving your opinions and seeing your vision from concept to launch without a lot of hand-holding
- Obsessive attention to detail
To apply, send us your resume, along with a link to your portfolio.
This position is full-time and is based in San Francisco, CA.
Employee Benefits at Pocket
- 100% Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage, 50% spouse/dependents
- Flexible hours and unlimited vacation
- $150/month stipend for Health and Wellness expenses
- Ergonomic Desk Setup
- Catered lunches 3 days a week
- Lots of free snacks and drinks
- 50% credit towards purchase of any personal mobile devices
- Your ideal computer setup
- Wireless stipend
Getting to Pocket:
- Conveniently located in downtown San Francisco
- Commuter benefits
- Bike parking in the office