We are looking for a Product Designer to join Twilio’s Product Design team and help design the user experience of Twilio’s modern communications platform. The Product Design team is responsible for the user experience of Twilio’s developer Console, enabling Twilio’s customers to configure, manage, and operate their applications in an intuitive interface with a consistent experience.
About The Job:
- At Twilio, developers are our customers. You will design experiences that take developers from initial sign-up all the way to operating mission critical applications in data-rich environments.
- Our culture is agile and highly collaborative. You'll need to be at ease working closely with Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Developer Evangelism, and Customer Support to design new products and improve existing ones. We expect you to work and communicate across the organization at multiple levels and balance multiple projects in changing conditions.
- The ideal candidate will be user-centered and able to handle both high-level vision and detail-focused execution with potentially ambiguous and changing product requirements.
- Design and specify user interfaces for developer experiences using participatory and iterative design techniques including user research, agile design iteration, rapid prototyping, and usability testing.
- Create interaction flows, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, style guides, specifications... whatever it takes to communicate your design.
- Plan and perform user research, contextual inquiry, data analysis, and usability testing & evaluation.
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers to understand their products and design elegant experiences for those products.
- Work with multiple Engineering teams, in an agile environment, to build efficient interface solutions within technical & time constraints.
- Engage with our developer community to understand their needs and design products and workflows to unlock their potential. Our customers are developers, and we are passionate about designing products for them.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- A solid understanding of user-centered design methodologies and usability principles.
- A proven track record of delivering detailed interface specifications, guides, templates, and prototypes.
- Passion for creating engaging enterprise interfaces that scale with large data sets while maintaining simplicity.
- Empathy for users of software and a solid intuition of user behavior.
- Experience designing and shipping products in a fast-paced environment with a heavy dose of ambiguity.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.