Pivotal is a recognized leader in agile software development. We've been building high quality software for clients for over 20 years by applying agile techniques to accelerate development, reduce risk, and increase responsiveness to market trends for startups and enterprises alike. Our proven practices, combined with deep technical expertise in consumer web and mobile application development and enterprise automation, help customers achieve rapid, reliable business results. Along the way, we also built Pivotal Tracker, the agile project management and collaboration tool used by thousands of software development teams worldwide.
Not only does Tracker serve as a critical component of our own development process, it's also relied on by thousands of teams out there in the world, from open source developers, to fast growing startups, and high profile, established companies. It's a great app, yet we have lots of ideas for how we'd like to improve it.
Help us take Pivotal Tracker to the next level and transform how the world builds software.
Why we love what we do (and so could you):
- A team-based design environment with an emphasis on pairing
- Seriously collaborative, even with people not on our teams
- Immerse yourself in one project at a time
- Daily product decision making and real product delivery with product managers and developers
- Freedom to try out new design processes; in the spirit of agile, do what works, try new things, stop doing things that don't work; not a lot of constraints on the 'creative' process
- You are always shipping!
- Environment that encourages learning and growing as a professional and individual and infrastructure to support and motivate those goals
- Community oriented design team
- We really care about design and don't cut corners - and still we're shipping all the time!
- All the designers have different skillsets: you’re not expected to be an expert in everything but having access to someone who probably is means we all get smarter by teaching and learning
What we do as Product Designers for the Pivotal Tracker web and mobile applications:
- Maintain a user-centered approach in design perspective and practice
- Work as a collaborative team member with developers, product managers, and fellow designers
- Lead products from discovery and framework through iterative development and delivery
- Help product managers assess and prioritize opportunities and constraints
- Guide product decisions through user research, customer development, and iterative feedback loops
- Determine best practice approaches and lead the client through our process
- Rapidly iterate on design prototypes and working applications
- Conduct user testing, interviews, and analysis
- Develop visual identity systems, data visualizations, visual design, illustrations, etc.
- Produce materials for developers, including user flows, wireframes, mockups, live style guides, and assets
How you can become a Tracker Pivot:
- Be open-minded, creative, and self-critical; be collaborative and communicative
- Be thoughtful about the role of design in relation to contemporary technology; be committed to lifelong design learning
- Have experience with and curiosity of agile and lean philosophies
- Have experience designing full-service consumer and business applications
- Have the ability to distill complex problems into simple and elegant solutions
- Show command of modern front-end technologies and frameworks (HAML/SASS, grid systems, responsive design)
- 1+ years experience with agile and/or lean philosophy and methods
- 2+ years experience in related field. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design-related discipline (preferred, but not required)
Interested in joining the Pivotal Tracker team? We’re seeking more amazing product designers to add to our team. Apply by sending us a link to your portfolio, a resume, and cover letter.