Drover is a VC-backed marketplace company offering monthly, all-in car subscriptions to customers who want to experience car ownership as it should be: flexible and at a fair, transparent price. Our mission is to establish car subscription as the defining industry category of our time with Drover as the undisputed pioneer. For some more detail, check out our press coverage in TechCrunch and Forbes.
We are now looking for an ambitious product designer to take us to the next level. Working with Martin, our Head of Design, you will:
- take ownership of the UX and UI for a set of our products, constantly pushing yourself to create beautiful, innovative, unique, clear digital experiences for our customers
- partner with multiple stakeholders across the business (marketing, operations, customer support, our CEO) to ensure your work incorporates a varied perspective - expect to run internal design review workshops driving consensus
- work with our friendly in-house development team as they ship product
- support our marketing team with the occasional print & digital promotional assets
We are building a challenger brand to take on the entire automotive industry and incredible design is a pivotal part of that journey. If that sounds exciting to you, apply away!
After 3 months in the role, success would like the following:
- you’ll have earned the trust of key stakeholders across the business
- you’ll have completed 2-3 complex design projects that you are proud of and which have received the team’s acclaim
- 2-3 years of experience in a design role at a leading agency or in-house ideally at a technology startup
- Skilled at Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Framer, Principle & InVision
- Understanding of Atomic design methodology
- Understanding of building and scaling Design Systems
- Very strong communication skills
- Some understanding of basic coding / development is helpful but not essential
- You’re a self-starter who can independently drive a team’s work forward, always finding ways to be proactive
- You thrive in ambiguity and are comfortable with constantly changing priorities
When you ask a Droverian what they love most about working here, their answer will likely be “the people” We are very proud of the amazing team we have assembled across London and Lisbon. The following should give you an idea about what kind of internal culture you’d be joining:
- We encourage proactivity and taking ownership of problems. We hate micromanagement. Instead, we let you set your own agenda and give you the space to learn and grow even if it means making a few mistakes along the way.
- We support each other through thick and thin. If you are struggling, you can always count on the team to help you get unstuck.
- We cherish feedback, whether praise or constructive criticism. There is no other way to learn!
- Ideas are judged on merit rather than source. You can have tremendous impact no matter your role.
- Know nothing about cars? Don’t fret it. Being a petrolhead is by no means a must-have to succeed here
- A competitive salary and discretionary stock options
- The chance to learn from a world-class team that includes serial entrepreneurs and alumni from some of the world’s best schools (Oxbridge, LSE, Chicago, Warwick, WHU) and most exciting companies (Google, Uber, Lyft, Blablacar, Gett, WeWork, EY, Goldman Sachs)
- Fancy equipment (your choice of Mac or PC)
- 22 days’ holiday plus all bank holidays
- Pension & cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox: free phone insurance, cheap cinema tickets and many other retail discounts
- Swanky startup office in Hoxton overlooking Regent's Canal
- Free fruit and coffee all day every day plus free breakfast every day
- Catered lunch and office happy hour on Fridays
- Regular socials and team retreats to exciting European destinations (Budapest down, where next...?)