Who we are:
Virtually Live is a VR platform that delivers groundbreaking live entertainment for fans. Our patented system uses live object data to recreate events in a real-time virtual environment. Every object on the field moves according to the actions of the real athletes, allowing fans to participate in a live event from anywhere in the world.
Team founders previously held roles with top media and technology businesses (NeuroPro, TVN, SuperAwesome, Sony PlayStation, Intuit, Vungle). Partners include some of the biggest names in Sports and Sports Tracking data. Virtually Live is based in San Francisco, with offices in Zürich, London, Seattle and Málaga, Spain.
This is a full-time on-site position dividing its time between downtown San Francisco and Pioneer Square, in the heart of downtown Seattle. For more information please visit www.virtuallylive.com or see our Angel List profile.
Who we need:
Do you think about how branding and product design must work together across all the touchpoints of a company? Can you design in both print and web? Do you see the world as a series of perfect shots that just need to be framed? Do you watch films just to see Emmanuel Lubezki in action? (Not a requirement, by the way.) Are you excited by the possibilities around incremental Unreal or Unity camera-system updates? Are deadlines exciting or scary to you? We're looking for a candidate who will roll up their sleeves, dig into what needs to be done and hit the ground running.
We are looking for an exemplary Product Designer to support our San Francisco HQ and Seattle studio to help capture the excitement of our products and build the Virtually Live brand. Our ideal candidate is an exceptional hobbyist and fan, more than occasional gamer, junior professional, or student who is eager to contribute and learn from an experienced, multicultural team operating in virtual reality.
- Work with the Product team, Creative Director and Art Director to design UI and UX prototypes, wireframes and storyboards.
- Work with the Creative Director designing marketing communication tools including printed materials and web updates.
- Work with the Business Development team to build pitch decks.
- Utilize real-time game engines to record footage of our product in action.
- Create camera animations, compose interesting shots and time cuts with game tools.
- Use video-editing software to compile footage and polish captured video.
- Add compelling motion graphics to footage of the product.
- Time product events using game scripting and asset placement to set up perfect shots.
- Use supporting technical or creative skills to improve the product itself.
- An exceptional portfolio of high-quality work demonstrating:
- Keen eye for branding, composition (print and video), timing, color, and lighting.
- Solid understanding of camera techniques and mastery over video-editing software, such as Adobe Premiere.
- Adept use of game tools and machinima techniques to set up scenes in motion.
- Experience with After Effects, or similar software, to polish footage and add motion-graphics.
- Experience with WordPress.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (PhotoShop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Premier).
- Experience with MS Office, including PowerPoint.
- Experience using Unity 5, Unreal 4 or similar game engines to create and record scenes.
- Regular travel between Seattle and San Francisco.
- Deadline oriented, self-motivated team-player and independent operator.
- Hungry to succeed and looks at limitations as an opportunity not a barrier.
- Even tempered, sweats the details and looks at the big picture.
- Secondary content creation skills such as 3D Art, UI Art, real-time VFX and animation.
- Demonstrable UX/UI prototyping skills in Unity, Unreal, or similar game engine.
- Demonstrated storyboarding skill and experience.
- Passion and familiarity with Virtual Reality and Sports.
- Experience working in a start up environment
What We Can Offer You
- Working within a remarkably diverse environment with an equally remarkable diverse
group of international colleagues all of whom are passionate about developing novel technologies.
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive Health Care Benefits including Medical, Dental & Vision at no cost to the employee!
- A generous PTO policy
- Commuter Reimbursements
- A Healthy Lifestyle Incentive Plan
- 401K Plan