We are looking for an established, highly motivated and passionate Product Developer to join our in-house “Own Brand” Design Centre team at Footasylum. We are home to multiple brands across men’s, women’s, kid’s and accessories.
The successful candidate should have a minimum of 3 years’ previous experience working within the Highstreet Fashion Industry working across Mens, Ladies, Juniors and accessories.
This Role gives great opportunity to the right candidate to work on Footasylum’s “own brands” such as Zavetti Canada, KWD, Alessandro Zavetti and many more. This role has excellent progression opportunities.
- Working to a critical path to ensure that the development process is smooth and that the ex-factory dates are maintained and ensure all cost prices applied to CP to work back from and highlighting any potential issues to Merchandising and Supply Chain team
- Controlling all seal samples stages and ensuring they are done in adequate timeframe to the CP. Chasing factories to ensure they send samples on time
- Conducting fit sessions in-house; making confident commercial decisions along with Brand Manager /Buying team using your ability to understand, recommend and execute commercial construction solutions
- Responsible for measuring & sending comments on own brand samples, this would be across all categories
- Analyzing technical issues accurately and sending clear, concise and accurate comments to suppliers; processing samples in a timely manner
- Send complete workbooks with accurate specs, correct grade rules, testing and risk assessment according to the category in question
- Ensuring compliance with regulations, product safety and legislations
- Testing and analyzing product performance, Fabric and garment testing and quality control
- Review inspection EKOL reports for pass or fail. Any critical production issues to be reviewed with Brand Manager/Buyer
- Being a key point of contact throughout the development of the product, recording and reporting any actionable results
- Confidently manages and supports Design Handovers
- Work directly with overseas suppliers and travel for production and development trips. (May include evenings and weekends)
- Liaising with Design and Buying team to offer technical guidance on new product development
- Supporting Design/Development teams in order to achieve innovative and performance-based products to the highest standard
- Support the graphics team with liaising with comments to the factory for any development/production issues
- Assisting with bulk QC checks if/when required
- Support with looking over own brand returns for brands responsible for and responsible to log external bulk QC Checks from factory
- Self-motivated and have good time management with the ability to adapt and work to tight deadlines and delivers results within specified time frames. Ability to react quickly to changing demands and priorities
- General day to day tasks within the department including organized filing to ensure easy handover for other team members
We recognise and value the importance of diversity to help make sure we have lots of different perspectives when we are building products and services. We know that this will help us build useful and accessible things which our customers will love. This is great news for our business. Diversity for us is also, importantly, about building happy teams full of people that want to learn and want to be inspired by each other and our different experiences.