About this role:
Great design hinges on great execution. To that end, we are looking to add a talented product developer to our team who can own the development of various products from sketch to final sample. This position may begin as part-time/freelance and transition to full-time based on fit and performance.
What will you do:
- Receive design direction from Head Designer and take product from the proto stage, all the way through to production hand-off.
- Develop product in various categories, including knit and woven garments, accessories (e.g. belts) and hardware (e.g. zipper pulls, buttons).
- Create design detail sheets and techpacks for overseas development with detailed sketches, flats, specs and clear directions for construction and finishing.
- Bring a strong knowledge of techniques and craftsmanship to the table, along with attention to detail.
- Take full ownership of projects and keep timing on track according to the seasonal line plan.
What skills do you have:
- 3-5 years of experience in product development, preferably in the luxury market.
- A great eye for quality and craftsmanship and dedication to making beautiful and functional product.
- Strong project management and negotiation skills.
- Ability to organize efficiently, communicate clearly and be reliable with deadlines.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign and Microsoft Suite.
- Prior experience with fully fashioned knits is a plus.