Maker’s Row is a marketplace that inspires American businesses to think domestic first. With over 20K American manufacturers and 175K brands, we offer full-service apparel product development and production management on product runs of all sizes.
We are currently looking for a product development coordinator to help assist our production team in product development and sample room management. This role will allow the individual to enhance their understanding of coordination between concept to apparel production. We are looking for someone with a passion for product making and American manufacturing.
Product Development Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Coordination and communication with domestic factories to oversee the progress of products.
- Transporting samples and supplies to and from local factories.
- Participate in sourcing of domestic fabric, materials, and trims.
- Preparation of tech packs and cost-analyses worksheets.
- Formation of all product tracking charts.
- Flat hand and Illustrator sketches along with photoshop skills is a plus.
- Assist in market and trend research including concept decks, trend reports, and runway analysis.
- Assist in daily operations including email, social media, and organizational tasks.
- Multitask different projects and platforms as needed.
- Interest in manufacturing, apparel, fashion, and home goods.
- Strong research & analysis capabilities as well as sketching skills.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and organization.
- Well organized and ability to work independently while being a team player.
- Refined verbal and communication skills.
- Creative thinker with an excellent eye for composition, color, and detail.
- Proficient in Google Docs, MS Office, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Degree in Fashion Design, Apparel, Industrial Design or related major.
- 0-2 Year Experience
- Contract / Freelance
- $ DOE