Traeger Pellet Grills, LLC invented the wood pellet BBQ nearly 30 years ago. Today our company enjoys one of the highest net promoter scores and most loyal customer groups with growing numbers everyday learning why cooking over wood just tastes better.
Traeger® enables our consumer to easily achieve extraordinary culinary results with the flip of a switch. We design and engineer easy to use, quality outdoor cooking solutions that produce an experience far beyond that of a traditional backyard grill. At its core, Traeger delivers product innovation with a passionate focus on solutions that meet our consumers’ unmet needs.
Currently, Traeger Pellet Grills, LLC is seeking a Product Development Engineer at our Salt Lake City, UT headquarters.
This role will be responsible for ensuring designs of new products are correctly implemented through our international OEM/ODM partners and suggests design improvements to existing products. Evaluates current and proposed products, parts, or processes for cost efficiency and reliability, ensuring successful project completion based on set targets. Works with other members of the product and operations team to ensure that projects are completed at cost and on time, with the highest possible quality.
- Analyzes new and existing designs using DFMEA and risk assessment
- Plans and formulates engineering tech pack requirements according to new project deliverables
- Works on specific phases or aspects of projects such as technical studies, design, preparation of specifications and tech packs, and testing
- Reviews project, products, designs for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, and customer requirements
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test issues. Develops and monitors execution of prototype control plans
- Documentation of processes to enable seamless transfer to manufacturing; address quality concerns via analysis and resolutions of issues
- Work closely with product leadership to understand and deliver to the customer requirements
- Work with multiple domestic and international manufacturing partners to align project deliverables with operational requirements
- Ensure outsourced partners are held accountable for budget and timelines for delivery
Successful candidates will typically have the following skill set:
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial design, mechanical or electrical engineering
- 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Dependent on experience of the proper candidate, this role could have one direct report
- Disciplined and data driven problem solving
- Successful experience with Design for Cost and Design for Manufacture in consumer products
- Ability to analyze and process data to reach and communicate data based recommendations
- Experience with product development using a stage gate process
- PC literate in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Interaction with overseas resources, ability to travel overseas a must
- Strong knowledge of PC based data acquisition
- Initiative, and a wide degree of creativity is required
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed with the ability to work with teams cross functionally