Job Title: Product Development / Test Engineer
Department: System Solutions and Data Science
Region: Sunnyvale CA
Quanergy is Inc. is a privately-held Silicon-Valley-based technology company leading the development of 3D-LiDAR sensors and smart sensing solutions for real-time 3D perception, including object detection, tracking, identification, classification and mapping. We are disrupting the LiDAR space, and accelerating the growth of the IoT ecosystem with more affordable, better performing, and smaller LiDAR sensors.
Product Development / Test Engineer will be responsible to test optical/electrical/mechanical properties and performances of hardware devices and firmware. The candidate will work with optical engineers, electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, and firmware engineers to design, setup, and execute various tests required in R&D/product development activities in the company. The candidate must be motivated to conduct hardware testing and able to work independently with minimum guidance.
- Work with engineers to design test plans, test setup, and equipment.
- Setup, and execute a test plan, and report test results in a timely manner.
- The test includes optical, electrical, thermal, and mechanical nature.
- Build the explanation and hypothesis based on the principle and test results.
- Design and develop system models for performance evaluation and data analysis.
- Be able to look at the bigger picture as to why these tests are needed and where does it fit from the solution standpoint.
- 10 years of experience in testing of electrical and optical hardware devices.
- 5 years of experience in writing code in Python for data analysis and automation.
- Extensive experience in opto-electronics components characterization, optical assemblies and sensing systems
- Track record of optical metrology development and experience with statistical methods
- 7 years of experience in data analysis.
- 5 years of experience with C++.
- Experience with point cloud data.
- Experience with Matlab.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Math, Physics, and Engineering fields
- Major in Electrical engineering or Optical engineering
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Independently set up experiments
- Fast meaningful analysis of result data