Product Director - Transaction Banking (Treasury)
We’re looking for a Product Director to join our Treasury team in London. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on TransferWise's mission, and build the engine that powers the revolution, Money without Borders.
TransferWise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offeradd true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to help run the engine of the company delivering funds to wherever in the world our customers need them as fast as possible. Your team is also entrusted with managing risk from currency rate fluctuations allowing us to offer customers the real mid-market rate.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Treasury team
Through your understanding of financial products you will help us manage liquidity, mitigate FX risk and safeguard customer funds in the smartest way and develop our product and its roadmap.
You will automate treasury operational decisions, build operational tools and develop controls for operations processes to make sure we can continue scaling
You’ll identify the most impactful opportunities for us to to trade off costs, speed and risk and through this strategy, within the first 6 months you’ll have an impact on sustainably reducing our prices to the customers
You’ll take responsibility for supporting our Liquidity and Risk product teams as well as scaling-up any additional product teams if needed – You’ll be hands on where necessary to incubate new teams and hire additional product managers and help them grow their impact on the mission
This role will give you the opportunity to:
Choose your path to impact - we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across TransferWise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
Once travelling becomes safe again, you’ll have the opportunity to travel and work with our teams in Tallinn and Singapore as well as meet various partners and organisations when needed
Grow as a leader – You will scale and inspire your own team, but also other teams to contribute to our mission
- You are a seasoned Product person (5 years + product management experience) with experience of inspiring others
- You can lead people and build teams that deliver at scale – whether that is hiring for new talent or getting the best out of the existing team
- You have empathy for your customers and can quickly identify the problems worth solving, explaining your rationale with data (rather than assumptions)
- You have a proven ability in building products where there’s high degree of ambiguity on what to build in order to drive growth or mitigate risk
- You delivered tools or internal products that optimise and scale financial operations environment (Trading, Pricing, Risk management, etc. )
- You’re not afraid of learning skills you don’t know yet to unblock yourself and your team. You don’t stick to a “by the book” product lead role definition. You simply get it done.
- You understand financial engineering and can clearly articulate and optimise trade offs between financial risks
- You are hands-on with data and enjoy coaching analysts and supporting developers in prioritising technical debt and bugs versus building new features
- You can easily communicate complex ideas to various crowds
Some extra skills that would be great (but not essential):
- You know your way around basic back-end development
- You work with Data Scientists on real-time ML\AI models
- You are comfortable with getting your own data using SQL\Python\etc and build dashboards using BI tools like Looker\tableau
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.