OneSignal has a lot of the great tech startup qualities you'd expect, but we don't stop there. Our massive scale and small team, emphasis on healthy life balance and kindness in all our interactions, and focus on ownership and personal growth make OneSignal a uniquely great place to work.
Our product engineering group builds our main product interface (https://www.onesignal.com) and API. With over 9 billion messages sent each day and over 1 million users, our small team’s work makes a massive impact. We tackle challenges at the intersection of engineering and product development, like notification authoring for over a dozen different platforms and multiple mediums (push, in-app, SMS, and email) and intelligent message delivery customized to each recipient.
Our team engineering process is extremely lightweight (inspired by the original Agile Manifesto), driven by clear ownership, and built for learning. We work closely with our product and design teams throughout the development process and opt for collaboration over hand-offs. As part of our team, you’d help develop key new features for our product and would work closely with technical leads to build reliable, maintainable systems.
We view software engineering as a team endeavor, and partake in fun and collaborative engineering practices like technical tea times, pair and mob programming, and hobby/game times.
In a typical month, a Senior Product Engineer at OneSignal might:
- Work with product, design, and technical leads to build an MVP for a new feature and ship it out to excited customers
- Pair with a senior engineer to refactor part of our system for greater maintainability or enhance it for massive scale
- Propose a technical investment to make our systems faster, safer, more maintainable, or better in another way you’re passionate about—then drive it forward with your colleagues.
Skills & Experience:
- Modern client-side development expertise with TypeScript + React or an equivalent
- Modern server-side development expertise with Ruby + Rails or an equivalent
- A passion for mentoring junior and mid-level software engineers to achieve technical excellence together
- Experience breaking down complex technical challenges into easily understandable tasks and working with a team to drive projects forward
- 2+ years software engineering experience building consumer or business applications
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at OneSignal.