Paytm Bank, powered by Paytm Payments Bank is India’s most rewarding and widely used with over 250 million users. 20 million+ local stores and thousands of apps /websites warmly accepting Paytm Wallet.
People love using Paytm Wallet for its blazing fast speed of payments, nearly nil payment failures, zero-tap payment experience in apps like Uber, no fear of exposing sensitive otp/pin/cvv in everyday payments and for the fact that it lets you reduce clutter in your bank passbook. We continue to extend the wallet experience with powerful use-cases like Fastag, Food Wallet, Gift Vouchers and Pre-paid Cards.
· As a Product leader for Paytm Bank, you will be responsible for building the product vision and scaling the product to achieve the same.
· Lead a team of product managers and guide them to achieve the product goals in line with the company’s mission
· Own the product roadmap, collaborate with business stakeholders and management to understand the organization’s goals and align product strategy and roadmap accordingly
· Align stakeholders across all internal and cross functional teams with the product initiatives being undertaken, have been launched and are next in roadmap.
· Drive key product metrics by driving the entire team towards initiatives that would help move the needle.
· Perform user research and study regularly to get feedback on the product experience and work on findings of the same
· Work closely with growth and marketing teams to ensure a successful Go to Market strategy to drive new and existing product features and capabilities
· A passionate Product Leader with 15+ years of experience with at least 10 years of relevant experience in Product Management
· Someone with an entrepreneurial mindset who enjoys taking end-to-end ownership of the product and work across stakeholders to achieve the desired objectives for the product
· A keen eye for understanding the end user and creating product-led solutions to bridge user need gaps
· Strong analytical skills, ability to define KPIs, KPI dashboards and success metrics.
Prioritization: The PM should be able to carry out effective prioritization of user stories balancing between user experiences, business requirements, tech debts and resourcing.