At Spotify, we are reinventing the music industry by changing how people consume and pay for music. Within Spotify, Commercial Research and Development is responsible for developing new and transformative commercial offerings to the existing and future Spotify customer base. We are part of the Spotify Premium Business, responsible for maintaining, developing, optimizing and furthering Spotify’s paid-for services, including Spotify Premium.
Our team is now looking for a broad and hungry Product Innovation Specialist to join the team and help us explore the next level of the Spotify subscription business. You will be working both with current initiatives and more forward-looking opportunities, thinking about what Premium will mean a few years out. The role is based in our headquarters in Stockholm with some travel to New York City and San Francisco.
Join the world’s fastest growing online subscription business in a high-impact role where you will put a personal mark on the success of Spotify by delivering even faster subscriber growth.
What you’ll do
- Drive and facilitate commercially-focused innovation
- Develop a deep understanding of our current users and new target groups; knowing their needs, wants and aspirations.
- Help the team identify and explore new products and experiences with a clear commercial value by e.g. leading innovation workshops and guiding concept development efforts.
- Work with the team to develop and realize new and innovative quantitative and qualitative research and test methods.
- Explore and validate new experiences
- Create flows, early explorations, and mock-ups in order to understand, evaluate and pitch concepts.
- Work with designers and developers to create and iterate on prototypes of new commercial offerings, including experimental versions of the Spotify platforms.
- Use data and insights from testing and earlier research to form clear recommendations on next steps.
- Keep projects moving and bring new opportunities to life
- Guide projects from a product and user experience standpoint, ensuring designers and developers are involved as needed.
- Identify opportunities for early learnings through e.g. prototypes, MVPs and limited releases.
- Work cross functionally with product development and design teams to bring exciting new opportunities to life for the Spotify customers.
Who you are
- You have 2-3 years experience from digital product development
- You are a business oriented person with a passion for UX and design
- You enjoy coming up with creative and hacky solutions to customer problems
- You have excellent communication skills and can visualize, pitch and ‘sell’ product ideas both from the end user perspective as well as from a business strategy point of view
- You have a strategic mind and can drive insights based on analytics and research
- You are product first oriented and get in the zone by figuring out the right product for the right customer. You love to iterate and learn fast rather than spending too much time polishing and perfecting
- You are organized and know how to keep things moving, inspire others and coordinate individuals and teams as needed
- You speak English fluently; more languages and international experience are a plus
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.