BuzzFeed’s looking for a smart, creative, and analytically-minded individual to help drive exponential growth of BuzzFeed advertising products. Our approach to creative and distribution takes the performance management elements of digital and social ads and applies them to the content-based, social marketing world to create a superior Social Advertising product.
This is a great opportunity for a seasoned digital media analyst who’s looking to use their data, insights and analytics skills to shake up the social media landscape. You will report directly to the Director of Branded Distribution.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a dynamic start-up environment, bring energy and passion to everything they do, and will not be afraid to roll up his/her sleeves to tackle projects both big and small. This job is based in our NYC offices, and we offer competitive compensation and a stock option program. Please include a cover letter with your application.
- Perform analysis across cross departmental teams Branded Content Distribution/Creative and Product departments
- Develop insights and key learning agendas for new products we launch in market
- Develop a deep understanding and knowledge of all BuzzFeed ad products
- Review holistic reporting across product performance and suggest recommendations for optimizing product market fit.
- Continually test and evaluate new strategies, tactics, and partnerships in an effort to evolve and improve our product offering
- Communicate findings to cross departmental teams and business leaders
- Design and implement trend reports that track key business metrics and provide actionable insights.
- Propose and answer questions by using appropriate statistical techniques on available data.
- Work with various internal and 3rd-party data sources and process large data sets.
- Propose and execute data analysis based on deep knowledge of product and creative team challenges.
- 2-4 years of agency or client-side digital media analyst experience - specifically in Social Media, publishing or performance Display
- An insatiable passion for solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analyses in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to various audiences
- Proficient understanding of how all social platforms work - including emerging platforms such as Pinterest and Snapchat
- Strong Excel skills and the ability to manage and analyze large sets of data
- Experience working with web-tracking technology, both publisher-side (Google Analytics, Omniture, WebTrends) and advertiser-side (DoubleClick, Atlas, etc.)
- Detail oriented individual who is highly organized, and an efficient time manager
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
BuzzFeed is the social news and entertainment company. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology. BuzzFeed provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment, and video across the social web to its global audience of more than 200M and 1.5B monthly video views.