We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our Growth team at Gusto. Working closely with dedicated engineers and designers in a cross-functional role that spans our organization, you will create experiments, tests, and features to drive growth of our products and services in ways that delight and reward our customers.
Our Product Management team is passionate about building delightful products that solve major problems for people. We strive to make our customers smile and proudly serve business owners, HR professionals, employees, and internal teams at Gusto alike.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Imagine, design, and implement tests to help us identify the right customers, reach them, help them understand the benefits (and payroll!) of Gusto, and make their decision process and their signup process a breeze
- Identify and champion data, analytics, and measurement improvements.
- Track metrics and data relentlessly to help us understand our customers better and give more of them more of what they want faster
- Be an owner of features and products that delight and reward our customers and drive continued growth for our company
- Articulate and design customer experiences that make our internal users smile
- Identify opportunities, build business cases, and define product vision and strategy
- Understand pain points of both internal and external customers, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch frequently
- Bridge the technical and business worlds by collaborating with design, engineering, operations, and support teams
- Work closely with other PMs help us make payroll, benefits and HR services delightful and simple for small businesses
- Be scrappy, creative and resourceful, and do whatever needs doing to help our business grow
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 3+ years experience in a related industry, including:
- At least 1-2 years of PM experience, preferably in a Growth team or function
- Strong spreadsheet skills
- Successful track record of delivering on technical software projects (in a product management, engineering, or design capacity).
- Experience working with engineering teams. Technical expertise a plus, but not required
- Able to distill complex operational and compliance needs into elegant designs and requirements documents (aka specs)
- Passionate about solving problems for customers, including both Gusto clients and internal teams
- Big impacts, but no big egos. Your track record and references should speak for you
- Be ready to work hard and play hard, both in the office
- Play to win, but be hard to stay mad at. Be bold and aggressive as well as empathetic and kind
Gusto offers payroll, benefits, and workers’ compensation to small businesses across the United States, from bike shops in Virginia to tech startups in San Francisco. Our investors include top venture capital firms like Google Capital and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, plus the founders of Instagram, Stripe, and more. To learn more about our values, benefits, and life at Gusto, visit gusto.com/careers.