We're ClickTime. We help businesses become more productive every day. Our time and expense tracking tools are used by thousands of companies worldwide.
While ClickTime is headquartered in San Francisco, we are currently fully distributed as a result of the pandemic, with employees working all across the United States. As a bootstrapped, privately held, profitable entity, we provide big company benefits while maintaining the size and energy of a startup. Working with us means you’ll be challenged, surrounded by high-quality teammates, and learn something new every day.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Throughout the summer internship program, you'll receive daily mentorship, training, and hands-on experience within your department. With ClickTime’s fast-paced energy and immersive curriculum, you’ll learn the ropes of the industry and be uniquely positioned for a successful career in tech.
For ten weeks each summer, four to six interns in Software Development, Product Management, Marketing, Business Operations, and Customer Success, work with their department's team lead on daily projects, tasks, and assignments. In addition, you'll work with your intern team and ClickTime's CEO to design, test, and build a secret feature of our application, which you’ll present to the company at the end of the summer. Past intern projects have shipped and are regularly used by our customers worldwide!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Product Management is all about asking and answering questions. What does the market want? How much are they willing to pay? What does our product need to look like? How do we want people to interact with it? How quickly can we release a particular feature?
In this role, you'll assist our Product Managers in defining the specifications and requirements for new versions of our ClickTime web application. You'll analyze customer feedback, scrutinize user behavior, and collaborate closely with Marketing, Sales, Customer Support and Engineering to help develop product requirements, release schedules, and pricing plans. You'll learn the art and science of turning good ideas into revenue-producing software.
INFORMATION ABOUT OUR SELECTION PROCESS
Please note that this internship program is only available to current college juniors. We review resumes every Monday. If you are selected to move to the first round, you will receive a project and have until the end of the week to complete it. If we move you forward, you can expect a phone screen along with a longer Zoom interview with the team.
- Design and launch customer surveys to help define product requirements
- Analyze and measure existing and new workflows
- Create product documentation and specifications
- Perform competitive analyses and market research
- Participate in quality assurance testing
- ... plus the 1,001 other things that Product Management requires!
- Clear, concise communicator who thrives in fast-paced environments
- Strong product management intuition; you instinctively know what makes a user experience good or bad
- Inquisitive problem solver with excellent research skills
- Familiar with web-based applications
- Bonus if you have knowledge of accounting, HR, or payroll software (QuickBooks would be great)
Information About the Selection Process
- Current Sophomores and Juniors will be considered for the internship program
- Resumes are reviewed and selected for consideration every Monday
- If your resume is selected, you'll receive a practical exercise to showcase your skills and abilities. The practical exercise will be due the following Sunday. (If you need more time, let us know!)
- If your practical exercise is scored highly, you'll have the opportunity to interview with our recruiter
- In the final round, you'll do a longer Zoom interview with the team
ClickTime provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.