Paytm is India's leading financial services company that offers full-stack payments & financial solutions to consumers, offline merchants and online platforms. The company is on a mission to bring half a billion Indians into the mainstream economy through payments, commerce, banking, investments, and financial services. Its investors include Softbank, Ant Financial, AGH Holdings, SAIF Partners, Berkshire Hathaway, T Rowe Price, and Discovery Capital.
About The Role:
In support of Paytm’s Data Office, the Product Manager for Consent Management is responsible for end-to-end development of consent management products in support of our growing value-added services business. Explicit user permissions are an essential requirement for both existing and emerging use cases that interact with consumer data (e.g., identity, lending). This role will be responsible for developing products that enable the strong Paytm standards by which consent is captured, managed, and audited between parties and developing solutions to drive adoption of these standards across the payment’s ecosystem.
This role requires excellent written and verbal communication skills to support coalition building within and outside of the organization. In addition, a successful Product Manager would greatly benefit from experience writing both product and technical requirements as well as system specifications.
What You Will Do:
· Develop (or have) 'subject matter expertise' on Consent Management- industry standards and specifications, leading the definition and rollout of these standards
· Develop and refine Paytm consent management requirements and needs across the organization, taking into account product, platform and regulatory needs as per India
· Work internally and externally with working groups to socialize the product capabilities being developed to ensure product capabilities resonate with the market, are clear and understandable to the consumer, and meet the needs and requirements of potential customers
· Define a workflow process and adapt existing Paytm processes to enable certification and adoption for program participants
· Translate complex product business requirements into user stories (i.e., Consent Management requirements)
· Perform Gap Analysis and Risk Assessment as per the defined scope.
· Effectively write and communicate audit, assessment or compliance results, findings, and recommendations to stakeholders while ensuring high-quality and proper documentation of project deliverables.
· Communicate to the management on a regular basis on compliance status and any issues related to meeting the business compliance commitments
· Continue to strive for innovation, be aware of developments that are happening in the data platform and advanced analytics space. Help us navigate the trade-offs between build vs. buy, and guide us to make informed solutions; Build strategic partnerships with global companies that will give us a great edge
· Define and communicate your products’ vision, strategy, and goals; Mentor and coach junior product managers
What You Will Need:
· Should have a Bachelor’s / Masters or an equivalent degree, preferably in engineering or management and should have at least 4-5 years of product management experience and leading technology data products
· Having a previous engineering background is highly preferred.
· Experience in privacy management, data discovery, data classification/labeling, and Data Protection Impact Assessments.
· Good understanding of regional security standards and regulations. Experience in interpretation and practical application of data privacy laws like GDPR is a plus
· A successful PM in this role would require a strong executive presence, ability to work effectively with remote teams, and a proven track record of taking end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results
· Experience as a software engineer and working with distributed teams is preferred but not required
· Ability to easily transition from high-level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution
· Entrepreneurial spirit, comfortable working in a complex and face-paced environment
· Analytical and data-driven, you love digging into the data to analyze what’s happening and define and measure success on every project